Sponsored by:

LS7 crate engine service in CA Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS7 crate engine service in CA Bay Area

Hello,
I'm new to contribute to this site, though I've been lurking for a while.
I am lucky enough to own an Ultima GTR with a 2005/2006 LS7 engine (same as the red one on the right http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/Content.aspx?f=gtrintro).
I am the second owner. The builder did an excellent job, the car has about 5K miles, and has been raced once or twice by the builder/first owner.
The problem I am having (same as the first owner who informed me of it before purchase) is that the oil pressure reads very high. Very. Like 95 lbs at startup. Goes above 100 lbs if I rev it.
It seems almost impossible and though I've not confirmed it with a secondary gauge (the car has an electronic gauge set), the builder said he did confirm it, called Chevy about it, and was told that some of the early engines had such a problem.
That answer doesn't seem feasible either but the car runs well, doesn't burn or leak oil and shows no sign of such a strange problem.
I'd like to find an experienced tech in the CA Bay Area (near Palo Alto) who can examine the engine and help with an honest diagnosis. Any recommendations?
And has anyone heard of such a thing?
Thanks,
V

Quick Reply: LS7 crate engine service in CA Bay Area