Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSX with turbo... California loove.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSX with turbo... California loove.

Hello everyone
Ive been roaming LS1 tech for about a year or so now, but still I think this is my first post.

So for my discussion topic.
Iam moving to California this autumn, Presumable. And Id like to build an 240SX coupe with a Lsx single turbo, mostly for my plan to bring it back home to Europe when Im done in the states.
After searching on most sites and what not for all the different laws you have in California, it seems almost as "easy" as getting the same thing registered in Europe.
Ive gotten some information about Basic and Enhanced areas, but wouldent you have to register the car first at some CARB/SMOG places for the Engine swap ?
Then we have the "Carb legal" swaps, but I mean... thats just plain bullshit, I could make a "carb legal" kit. Any posibility to get a CARB representative to look over your build and see the "sniffer" numbers ?

Other id just register the car in Nevada with a single turbo before going home .

This might have been covered somewhere before, but I cant find it.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So my question would be.... Can you somehow make this possible ?. Or even for that matter LQ4 swap into 240sx ?

Quick Reply: LSX with turbo... California loove.