Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Dash/Lights Harness for Fox?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Aftermarket Dash/Lights Harness for Fox?

This may not be the right section, but I thought maybe some of the conversion guys may have dealt with it before.

In the process of doing my LS swap in my 89 Mustang. I decided to go ahead and clean up (eliminate) some of the rats nest behind the dash. Pulled the dash and found a mess, not that I was surprised. Wondering if anyone makes a decent aftermarket dash/body harness for a Fox Mustang.

Basically need a simple street/strip style harness and fuse block to eliminate the factory.

I really just need a harness fuse bock that will control:

Headlights
Tail lights
Brake lights
Turnsignals
Wipers
No AC
No Cruise

I can either run new wires to all the lights etc, or just tie in where they come into the dash.

I already have a Painless Wiring switch panel that goes in place of the radio that will control Ignition, Fuel pump, fans, etc.

Surely with all the Mustangs in the world somebody offers a decent solution. Thanks in advance!!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try calling Painless Wiring and see if they can make you up something at a reasonable price.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

I'm doing the same thing and bought a painless kit but have yet to try to route/run anything yet. I'm pretty sure I bought an 18 circuit which has more than enough bs to run what I will have. I am actually tying it into the factory front headlight harness from the plug and I tied all of my rear wiring into a single plug to make the painless kit removable/serviceable when needed. It took a long time to simplify everything but I feel it was worth it. I'm pretty sure you are on hybrid-pony and if so, check out my build so you get an idea of the route I am taking. http://hybrid-pony.com/thread/77/198...d-project-blue
Old 05-03-2013, 06:03 AM
Launching!

Painless has a setup a buddy of mine put in his fox...he removed every single bit of factory wiring under the dash ..

Topnotch, thanks to the link on my forum!

Trevor
Old 05-03-2013, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

No problem Trevor!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Dash/Lights Harness for Fox?