Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone installed a lsx 376 in f body.?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has anyone installed a lsx 376 in f body.?

I'm looking at buying this motor to drop in my car, has anyone done it yet and if so what all did you have to buy.?

http://www.jegs.com/i/GM+Performance...FQLxOgodYiUAUw

Last edited by tunedout; 05-04-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

if youre referring to an ls3 yes ive seen them in a few late model GM EFI vehicles.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That crate motor cost more than its worth, it's compression is to low for a N/A motor, and it doesn't have strong enough rods for a high boost F/I build.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

waist of time buying a crate motor like that, do yourself a favor and look for used ones for sale plenty of people swapping them out of new camaros and vetts for bigger engines. I have a ls3 in my car and its pretty strait forward.

mine was built for a ls1 computer so I didnt need a converter box but you will need one if the engine has a 58x reluctor wheel which is stock on ls3s

you also need to drill and tap holes on the side of the block for the knock sensors, sounds seriouse but its really easy and takes a couple minutes, you also need a cam sensor extention harness (be carful alot of these are wires wrong and you will have to switch the 2 outside wires if you throw a cam code after install.)

you will need to extend the map sensor to front of engine if your using a ls3 intake, if you use a fast intake you can keep it in the back.

also if you use a ls3 intake you will need to source a throttle cable bracket or make your own. using a fast intake will allow you to use the stock bracket. you also need a 4 bolt TB instead of 3.

you can use the DBW system if you get the pedal to go with it but i just kept mine cable.

other than that theres really not much difference in anything.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

plenty of places sell all the harness extentions you need as a kit, as well as timing covor if engine does not come with it. everything else bolts back in like stock just use all your same brackets motor mounts and accessories
Old 05-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Cool thanks for all the info.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just as they said, it's a waste of time and money. Find someone who works for a dealer. Just for a reference for what this engine is worth, A friend of mine can get me a crate ls7 for a little over 3k.

Quick Reply: Has anyone installed a lsx 376 in f body.?