Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help.. program problems now will not run.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help.. program problems now will not run.

I am almost finished with my 69 camaro ls swap except the computer was programed by bp automotive 2 times and now will not run.
It starts for a second and dies, the 1st time it ran fine except for a brake switch code and few things that were supose to be written out bill at Bp automotive said the program did not take and he forgot about the tach mod.
now it does not run and the tach does not work still.
I would send it back to bill again but I do not have time left and hes on vaccation .
I think it might be best if it could be programed in the car instead of sending it back and quessing as I have my house sold and need to start moving asap.
Anyone in SE ma. that knows what they are doing that cam come out to my shop in taunton to get this up and running?
please let me know asap.
sbjr55@comcast.net.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Is your anti-theft turned off? Sounds like it isn't and that will do exactly what you say is happening. The tuner guy should be able to take care of this ASAP. From what I know, the programming has the anti-theft as either on or off.

Jim
I'm no electrical guy, but I read a wiring diagram once!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:35 AM
Staging Lane

That's what I think too.
bill at bp did it the 1st time and it ran fine but I guess the 2nd time he tried he forgot or something..hes on vacation so I cant ask or send it back.
I do not know anyone local that can program it and I need the car finished so I can start moving...I feel screwed.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

To start, you need to know.....what pcm your running, and what bin file? Theres alot of people out there that can tune, esspecially to get a car running, but most wont own every file. Of course you might just have to anti up another 100$ or so for a license. Second question, is , is it locked? If it is, your waisting your time, and should just get another pcm to make it run.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:33 AM
Staging Lane

its the stock 2000 corvette pcm. not sure what bill has done to it.
I do not care if I need to pay more..it sucks big time but need to get it running asap.
If I bought another pcm would I not have the same problem with vats?
How do I know if its locked?
I do not know much or anything about computers , just how to plug stuff in and bolt things on.

Quick Reply: help.. program problems now will not run.