Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS Swap Power Steering Pump Issue...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS Swap Power Steering Pump Issue...

This is an engine swap from a 2003 Chevy Express to a 1986 K5 Blazer body. I have an issue where my power steering pump is designed to run a hose to something remote (not sure what - see first picture below). I just need the "old style" cap with built in dip stick to check fluid level (see second picture below). Have any of you guys run into this scenario before, and if so what did you do to fix it? The hos in the picture doesn't go anywhere... it's just cut off at the end.
Attached Thumbnails LS Swap Power Steering Pump Issue...-powersteering.jpg   LS Swap Power Steering Pump Issue...-powersteering2.jpg  
Old 05-20-2013, 01:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If the pump has three ports, it is a Hydro Boost (Brakes) one. You can just cap off the upper port, which is a return line to the Reservior from the Hydro unit.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You can either get the remote reservoir from the van the engine came out of,or get the bracket/pump assy from a pick up(that way you don't have to screw around pulling pulleys off of the pump).If you find one off of a hydroboost equipped truck just cap off the extra return port as bczee said.

Quick Reply: LS Swap Power Steering Pump Issue...