Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 wheel drive conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 4 wheel drive conversion?

Does any 1 Know of any all wheel drive LSX conversion? I'm here looking at factory 2013 911 it's a beast in #'s... 0 to 60 2.4sec 1/4 mile 10.?? and you can guess my next question was, has any 1 done a LSX engine on a AWD platform. The only one GM product I can think of that would work would be, the CTS or ATS both are V6 AWD models. Just a ?
Old 05-25-2013, 08:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...oon-build.html
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...ngray-awd.html
been a few done.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Cadi (sts4) is AWD N* but I doubt that the trans would hold the power you are looking for. But On a side note the suspension is already set for awd. But on the same note CTS (both generations) stuff is set up for AWD matter of fact the Front knuckles and bearings are the same as there awd counter parts. add a T-case and TBSS pan and diff awd awd car shocks and you would have the major stuff out of the way. (although if its like my sts the diff is on the other side of the car, steering rack might be an issue)This idea has been running in my head for a while. Imagine CTS-V that could put the power down on "any road in america"

I did a awd 240sx but it didn't turn out good. Not enough hood height made for poor front cv shaft angles. (in hind sight I should have mounted the engine higher and ran a higher hood or poked the intake through the hood like alot of the c6 vettes are doing now. I parted it out, but I still have most of the parts. If you look on the syty forums you can find the adapters for 4l80e to syty t case. If you go that rout the case internals can be modded so that it acts more like 993 turbo awd. ( the front diff would be viscous coupled rather than having a viscous diff between the two, if you don't follow what I saying I can explain further)

Quick Reply: 4 wheel drive conversion?