Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to grab from donor car LT1 to LS1

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 05:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What to grab from donor car LT1 to LS1

My LT1 is toast so I'm going to pick up a 99 LS1 from a impound car locally here for less than fixing the LT1 would probably cost.

Just want to make sure I don't miss anything....

- Harness\pcm\pcm bucket
- Engine intake to pan
- Front suspension...I'm buying everything from brake to brake with steering rack on the k member.
- Exhaust manifolds and y pipe

Anything else I should grab I'm going to use the LT1 4L60E for now. Later I may go six speed.

Thanks!!!!

Bobby
Old 05-29-2013, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Everything you can !.. you can always use something or just sell it off and recover you money.

Nuts, bolts, brackets, tubing, pipes, BCM, Throttle Cable, Cruise Control. connectors, drive shaft, e-brake cable, fuel tank and sender/harness, etc..

If your trying to have it all work as stock in the LT1 car (what car is it ?). You might need other wire harnesses to support the interface between the LS1 and the LT1 body harnesses.

Just take it all ! LOL
Old 05-29-2013, 06:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah I would but its coming from a salvage yard and I'm sure they will want money for all the little stuff. I could probably have him throw some stuff in but I'm not sure they will go for everything.

Its a 97 Formula. I'm a little concerned about the LT transmission now. I thought it would work fine behind an LS1 but from Mervs thread the electronics won't work?
Old 05-29-2013, 08:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bczee
Everything you can !.. you can always use something or just sell it off and recover you money.

Nuts, bolts, brackets, tubing, pipes, BCM, Throttle Cable, Cruise Control. connectors, drive shaft, e-brake cable, fuel tank and sender/harness, etc..

If your trying to have it all work as stock in the LT1 car (what car is it ?). You might need other wire harnesses to support the interface between the LS1 and the LT1 body harnesses.

Just take it all ! LOL
BTW that Malibu is bueatiful!!! That was a crazy decision for me to go old pontiac motor in my bird with a 6 speed. I was thinking LS swap all the way but changed last minute.

Quick Reply: What to grab from donor car LT1 to LS1