Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox swap questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fox swap questions.

I'm still in the planning stages of my 5.3 swapped fox coupe. Looking for some info as far as air conditioning because I plan to make it a street car.

First question is, in the fox's, is the ac system electrically independent from the rest of the car? Basically since I'm taking out the the factory engine, and engine harness, what kind of wiring is involved to get the ac/heat to work?

Next, I've seen the dirty dingo compressor mount, and I think it looks like crap. Anyone running ac with the compressor in the factory 5.3 location? Also has anyone run a turbo set up with ac, and power steering?

What radiators, and ac condensers are you guys running?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With my setup the alt and power steering (if I had PS) would fit no problem but with the cross over I dont see the A/C compressor fitting in the stock location. I run F body fans/rad The A/C wiring gets power on the driver side off the solenoid. Those wires power the car (dash,lights, blinkers,ac.... The ECU wiring disconnects on the pass side and can be removed and the car still will have power.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:35 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah im doing the same swap. It very hard to find write ups about a/c. I've heard of people running the GM compressor in the stock location w/a spacer in between the sway and k memeber and then custom lines made with the GM sensor going to the GM PCM.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:29 PM
Launching!

their is a company selling the ac brackets that mount on the top passenger side. it sits off past the tensioner and is about the same height as the car intakes. you will have to use the sandem 508 compressor and corvette tensioner. here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/160851959318.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could run a stock condensor, and any foxbody radiator (much cheaper than any GM aftermarket that I've ever seen). Just going to have to get creative with the hose routings.

Quick Reply: Fox swap questions.