Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Silverado donor truck for my 68 camaro questions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2005 Silverado donor truck for my 68 camaro questions?

Just bought a 2005 Silverado truck for the motor, transmission, and harness. I have a couple questions. What all can I use. I know I can use the motor, tranny, harness, and ecm. I have a Ls1 intake for it already. But can I use the front runner set up? radiator? Any other parts I can use? Also I heard problems use the wrong drive by wire pedal with the wrong computer not reading. But sense the computer and pedal come from the same car, I should be good to go? and if I use the pedal and computer from the truck, Can I use the drive by wire corvette tb?

Old 05-30-2013, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can use the corvette TB but you will need a conversion harness (different voltages). not sure what you mean by front runner. You can use the radiation but i doubt it will fit. Your old one should work fine. The alternator may need to be relocated to clear the hood. Remember the truck accessories stick further of the front of the engine than camaros and corvettes.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Use the ecu, harness, pedal, tac, and tb from the vehicle. The truck tb will bolt up fine to the LS1 intake. You'll just need to make changes to clear the water pump.

Quick Reply: 2005 Silverado donor truck for my 68 camaro questions?