Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

foxbody guys

Old 05-31-2013, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default foxbody guys

doing my first swap and switching my blown up 302 to an ls motor, im not good at wiring and i basicly dont know crap about these new motors,

my first question before i dive into this project would be what are you guys doing for lights, brakes, signals etc because this will be a 90% street 10% strip car so everything has to be dot compliant inspection wise

i came across racewire panels and they look really promising but i also dont know what im doing for fuel/spark yet and i would like everything tied together so to speak. most likely i am going msd 6010/ms1 for now, im stuck between that or a bp stand alone harness.

how are you guys having your lights ran, etc, after removing the computer and stock wiring?
Old 05-31-2013, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Im still very new too but, why would you take all your wiring out? Just swap your engine harness and find a way to hook you guage cluster up. I could be wrong but, it seems to be the way to do it.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:23 PM
Teching In

its not out yet but im just thinking of all the stuff attatched to the eec4,

my cluster is a bunch of crap too half dosent work so im just going to trash it and run no gauges for a little bit or bite the bullet and get autometers,

after a little reasearch it seems like all the lights etc have nothing to do with the ecu and that they aer on a seperate circuit?

im going to end up doing a bunch of extra work for this swap but i still like the idea of replacing everything with plug and play instead of wasting a bunch of time trying to wire the car
Old 05-31-2013, 05:24 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't mess with the car body harness. just remove the engine harness and computer. you can either get adapter fittings for the ford gauge senders or use aftermarket gauges.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Launching!

florida50 has gauges panels and cluster sets. get one of their panels and buy you gauges or make your own panel.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Teching In

florida50 would be the way to go for gauges, so everything i would need for it to be road worthy is hooked into the body harness and will not be affected?

another thing im currious about is the trans, different ways to control the 4l60 etc, but what about a manual shifted th350 what is involved in that (car is currently 5 speed and im thinking by the time i fab up something or get some kind of controler for the 4l i could have swapped a t56 in instead) thoughts, opinions?
Old 06-01-2013, 07:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

All the wires on the factory solenoid power the car. From that point the mustang computer and harness just unplug and can be removed. The LS harness is completely stand alone

I have a florida50 cluster it is a very nice part, but $$$$
Old 06-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Launching!

if going with a th350, you don't have to worry with the electronics for the trans. get you an auto ratchet shifter and bolted where you want it to be and hook it up. your ecu will control the trans if you go with the 4l60

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: foxbody guys