Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me make a List of what I need: LQ4/T56 Swap into 95 Camaro set up for a Ls1

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 02:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me make a List of what I need: LQ4/T56 Swap into 95 Camaro set up for a Ls1

So I just bought a 95 Camaro roller that was converted into a 01 SS. I am wanting to do a 6.0 LQ4 swap with a T56.

First off, what year LQ4 should I be looking for? I will hopefully do a single turbo build later down the road.

05-06 LQ4 from the 2500 trucks to get the Ls2 rods/pistons?

Look for them intake to oil pan without accessories?

Second, how complete should I buy the T56? /w clutch, pedals, etc?

The car already has:

-Ls1 Rear end with 3.42's I believe
-Ls1 Brakes
-Ls1 Wiring harness and computer
-Ls1 Steering rack and linkage
-Ls1 K Member and Mounts
-Ls1 Radiator and Fans
-Tick Adjustable Master Cylinder and Slave
-Spohn Adjustable Panhard Bar
-Pacestter Longtubes with O2's
-TSP True Duals
-BMR Subframe Connectors
-Walbro 255
-Spohn Springs (Not positive if spohn but they are black and in a spohn box)

It had an Ls1 and T56 in it for 2 years up until the day before I bought it.

So from my understanding I will need the Ls1:

-Starter
-Ls1/Ls6 Intake
-Rails
-Injectors
-Ls style manifold
-Water Pump
-Power Steering Pump
-Alternator
-AC-Compressor, condensor, lines
-Oil pickup tube
-windage tray
-Oil pan
-Driveshaft
-Corvette filter/regulator (not sure if its on the car already with the Walbro)

AC-Compressor Brackets and Pulleys
Power Steering Pump / Alternator Brackets and Pulleys and all of the nuts and bolts that goes with them
---

Am I missing anything else?
Old 06-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

Evening bump
Old 06-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Anyone?
Old 06-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

To the top
Old 06-06-2013, 08:45 AM
Staging Lane

Shameless bump
Old 06-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the truck starter will work. the only difference between the tow starters are the car has a short and a long bolt. the truck has two longs. the stuff that you will need really depends on what your looking for. are you looking for functional or show car. when i did my swap on my 95 i used the lt1 k-member... and let me tell you the exhaust was the biggest issue with that. barley cleared the the steering rack. you cant run the truck manifold simply because it won't clear the cowl or the hood for that matter. to make things simple you have pretty much listed everything that you will need to finish the swap. off the top of my head i cant think of anything else unless you dont have a harness. the only thing you have that is optional in you list is the corvette fuel filter. that will depend if you have a return style or a returnless style intake. if you have the harness already i would try to match whatever the style engine it was for. 24 or 58 x crank wheel. 2005 and up have the good rods.... and lq4 will have dished pistons not flat tops. if you have any more questions it will be easier to answer a direct question than tryimng to go over every possibility in my head.... lol
Old 06-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Slick87Rush
the truck starter will work. the only difference between the tow starters are the car has a short and a long bolt. the truck has two longs. the stuff that you will need really depends on what your looking for. are you looking for functional or show car. when i did my swap on my 95 i used the lt1 k-member... and let me tell you the exhaust was the biggest issue with that. barley cleared the the steering rack. you cant run the truck manifold simply because it won't clear the cowl or the hood for that matter. to make things simple you have pretty much listed everything that you will need to finish the swap. off the top of my head i cant think of anything else unless you don't have a harness. the only thing you have that is optional in you list is the corvette fuel filter. that will depend if you have a return style or a return-less style intake. if you have the harness already i would try to match whatever the style engine it was for. 24 or 58 x crank wheel. 2005 and up have the good rods.... and lq4 will have dished pistons not flat tops. if you have any more questions it will be easier to answer a direct question than trying to go over every possibility in my head.... lol

Thank you so much! Yeah, I'm looking to pretty much have a functional car with the wires not being too cluttered.

Found a few 05-07 Lq4's on that car-part site ranging from $700-900 with 104k-132k.

Then a local 99 Ls1 complete with accessories with 130k for $1400, which is more but no shipping costs, less time involved, and would be nice not having to piece together every little thing. Downside is that I lose the Lq4's turbo benefits later down the road.

Now contemplating going auto since I have seen them for about $350 vs the $1200-1300 for a T56

Setting my goal to have everything bought and in by mid July.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DAMN that LS1 is STEAL! I paid 2k for mine complete from a running car! Oh well. WIth the LS1 its pretty easy see if you can get the Kmember from the donor car. I overpaid to get the entire front end brake to brake with the needed steering rack and k member.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I did my 6.0 and 4l80e in my 96 silverado I bought a truck as a donor. Paid 900 for the truck. Sold the motor all the parts except wiring harness, pcm, transmission. Made my back plus some. So if you have the time and can come across a good deal it will save you money lol. All the fuel injection swaps ive done and I built every harness. That a way to keep cost down.

Quick Reply: Help me make a List of what I need: LQ4/T56 Swap into 95 Camaro set up for a Ls1