Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Green Goblin start

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Green Goblin start

Ive got a 93 notch with the factory lx 4cyl green. I posted before asking you fine people if I should go ls series or a bbf in this car. As you can prolly guess, the chevy won. I figured it was gonna cost me $4500 to rebuild the 460 and get 450fwhp and deal with the heavy front end (as most you know, itll reduce rear traction due to the extra wait that far up.) Done quite abit of research and I figure chevy's sexy creations needs me to put my hands on it.
Heres my thoughts, findings and list so far:
-4.8l if I decide I wanna turbo it or 6.0l if I run all motor. Havent chosen what I wanna do yet. I know a turboed 4.8l can be made to get decent on fuel.
-im gonna run a th400. Ive had good luck with my dads strip nova with a fairly stock th400.
-going to do a aje k member with mounts since itll reduce weight and cheaper then that one kit that uses your stock k memeber and that cadillac pan.
-looking for suggestions on decent long tubes so if I go all motor. I found some hookers I think for $520 roughly.
-im gonna run the stock truck manifold for awhile. I heard it flows purty good and I can always buy a cawl.
-looking at some pre made stand alones. B&g I think it is seems to make a nice one that uses stock chevy wire coloring.
-going to run what ever tunable pcm I can get for cheap.
-trying to figure out what radiator to use. Maybe a f body..?
-havent thought to much into the exhaust system but, I figure a catless 3" will be enough for either setup.
-I have a 8.8 rear end for it that im gonna stuff with 3.73 or 4.10, depending on which route I go and 31 spline 5 lug axles. Not sure what posi unit I wanna use.
-gonna run some 275/15's, the common.
-going to get some MM subframe conectors.
-thinking a 6 point cage with strengthin the the chassis alittle more and give me alittle more saftey.
-I might go with a camaro cluster and do alittle fabing to fill thin the gaps.
-gonna run a walbro 255 and use the stock mustang fuel lines.
-for a turbo kit, im not sure what "kit" to run. Ive turbod hondas in my days but ive never done a v8.
-I do have a zex nitrous bottle and lines I ran on a old 350.

Not sure if im missing anything, probably am. Im figuring 400whp is doable with decent street manners either way I go. If you guys would like to throw your opinions in, feel free.

I tryed loading pics of the car but, it kept telling me error so ill try tomorrow.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Well seeing how many views I got, must have asked the wrong questions or annoyed you guys. Anyways, still having problems uploading pictures.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you have a pretty good list. And your choice of engines is good as far as whether you go boost or not.

I cant help a bunch on the turbo stuff, but as I said for getting it running and installed your list is pretty complete. Just remember there are always little things that pop up.

The harnesses we build are GM color coded, TXL wire, and production tooling is used for a reliable, long lasting harness.

We also sell PCM's with basic or performance tuning. The PCM's are remaned, and we even have some with powdercoated cases if they will be seen.

If you have anymore questions we will help as best we can! Dont forget that good rod bolts are a great idea, especially if your going to turn high RPMS.

Sometimes replies are slow around here. With it being sunday and nice in most places most are out and about!

Remember, If you build it they will come. LOL

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 06-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BP Automotive
Looks like you have a pretty good list. And your choice of engines is good as far as whether you go boost or not.

I cant help a bunch on the turbo stuff, but as I said for getting it running and installed your list is pretty complete. Just remember there are always little things that pop up.

The harnesses we build are GM color coded, TXL wire, and production tooling is used for a reliable, long lasting harness.

We also sell PCM's with basic or performance tuning. The PCM's are remaned, and we even have some with powdercoated cases if they will be seen.

If you have anymore questions we will help as best we can! Dont forget that good rod bolts are a great idea, especially if your going to turn high RPMS.

Sometimes replies are slow around here. With it being sunday and nice in most places most are out and about!

Remember, If you build it they will come. LOL

I was looking at your wireing harnesses earlier and thats the one ill be going with. It gets confusing when people use different wires and you try to chase a problem. Im on a budge like most people so I'm trying to find the best route the first time so I don't have to buy stuff twice.
I was also thinkin some l92's on a lq9 with simple bolt ons and cam would do a decent 1/4 mile time. Im just not sure if FI is the best for me. To me, its more maintenance and more things to go wrong the more I think about it. No saying its out of the question, just in the debate process. A nice 76mm turbo with the exhaust running out the front bumper would be cool haha.
Im just trying to pick brains while im doing my research. Is there and ls1 websites I should know about? Like ls series guru's.

I forgot it was sunday lol. Ive been on l&I since feburary and havent worked since then so days run together. Thanks for the help so far.

Quick Reply: Green Goblin start