Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical: Painless wiring harness no 12v to dlc or pcm

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical: Painless wiring harness no 12v to dlc or pcm

Having a difficult time understanding the LS1 standalone wiring harness without the schematic from Painless. I've read forum after forum without finding a solution or similar problem.

Here are the facts:

1953 chevy truck LS1 swap with '98 LS1 engine & T56
Universal EZ wiring harness fuse block
Summit Racing LS1 wiring harness '99-02' #SUM-890122
GM computer with service code 0411
Hp Tuners version 2.24

VATS has not been disabled because I can't get HP tuners to connect since there's no power at the DLC or PCM. No fuses are blown. I've checked all my grounds and they're all connected and continuous.

The two leads to the B+ starter terminal are connected

The coil pos from the EZ wiring fuse block is being used to power 12v to the two relays in the Summit LS1 wiring harness. These two relays are 5 pin that feed an 8 ckt fuse panel which provide either switched or constant 12v power to coils, inj, 02, maf, trans, fuel pump relay, pcm, pcm/mil, DLC.

The check engine light does not come on (there's no 12v to it with key on, run or off)
The start relays are functioning and are not blown.

There are no blown fuses, I have 12v at the 86 position on the start relay coming from the key.

I have not emailed or contacted Summit Tech support. I have emailed HP tuners with no response a week ago.

Right now, the DLC does not have constant 12v, neither does the PCM ckt with the key on, run or off. I jumped out this ckt right to the battery but HP tuners still can't detect power (probably because the other ckts for PCM and PCM/Mil are not providing 12v to the computer.)

I'm having a difficult time understanding the schematic of the two start relays. Can anyone explain why i don't have 12v to the DLC or PCM with the key on or in run or provide info on the start relays?

Thanks,

Kent

Quick Reply: Electrical: Painless wiring harness no 12v to dlc or pcm