Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a/c wiring and bracket help

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default a/c wiring and bracket help

Is there a wire i can send power or ground to that lets the computer know the a/c is on? i am having trouble getting the idle just right on my ls swap setup.

Also does anyone have any issues with major vibration of the compressor using an r4 compressor? at 800 rpms I am getting this huge vibration and the compressor is bouncing like crazy and causing a loud noise. thinking i should have went with a sanden compressor..
Old 06-13-2013, 12:37 AM
On The Tree

I am guessing pin 14 on the green connector is what i send a signal to to activate the fans, idle etc? I have an 05 truck harness.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm pretty sure the later trucks use a serial line signal to the ecu.
I've been running my LS conversions without AC enable signals to the ecu with no problems. For the fan, I use the temp activation from the ecu and a trinary switch to activate with high AC refrigerant pressure.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

Right now I am just using the factory wiring and ac activation for the compressor with a wire tapped into the relay to turn on the fans. I think my problem is the compressor having such a large load on the engine.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:51 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

The newer trucks to use the data line to provide the A/C clutch status signal. However, I have had great results using the cavity on the green connector. Cavity 18 is the clutch status signal on the Blue/Red pcm. If you look at the pinouts for the auto trans trucks you will find it says it is unused. Granted I cannot guarantee it will work on 100% of all applications of the Blue/Green PCM. I have done it this way many, many times and never had it not to work.

So tap on the the 12v signal to the compressor clutch and run it to green 18.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 06-13-2013, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Excellent thanks!!
Old 06-13-2013, 03:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

BP Automotive - I'm assuming you plug into pin 18 on the red connector, as a pinout I have shows the blue pin 18 as being for the trans fluid pressure switch. The pinout also shows blue pin 35 as 'clutch switch signal', and red pin 17 as 'AC request signal'.

I might actually tap into one of these if I ever take my wiring apart again, since I'm not running an AC signal and the car sometimes dies coming down to idle with the AC on.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by hookemdevils22
BP Automotive - I'm assuming you plug into pin 18 on the red connector, as a pinout I have shows the blue pin 18 as being for the trans fluid pressure switch. The pinout also shows blue pin 35 as 'clutch switch signal', and red pin 17 as 'AC request signal'.

I might actually tap into one of these if I ever take my wiring apart again, since I'm not running an AC signal and the car sometimes dies coming down to idle with the AC on.
Yes, on the blue/red pcm the clutch status signal is red 18. On the blue/green pcm the pinouts for green 18 say unused for the vortec. However, this is the clutch status for those PCMs. (in my experience).

LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491

Last edited by BP Automotive; 06-13-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't use any signal on my swap.. the engine will sometime idle down a bit on stopping, but it has never died on me. But then I don't drive around and slamming on the brakes for the most part !.

I might someday try to take the clutch signal to pin Red #18 as BP suggested.

Thanks for the info on the Clutch signal and pin Red #18.

BC
Old 06-13-2013, 04:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by bczee
I don't use any signal on my swap.. the engine will sometime idle down a bit on stopping, but it has never died on me. But then I don't drive around and slamming on the brakes for the most part !.

I might someday try to take the clutch signal to pin Red #18 (or #17?) as BP suggested.

Thanks for the info on the Clutch signal and pin (let me know which one is the right one ?)

BC
Red 17 is A/C request. That would be the signal from your Climate Controls. Red 18 is the Clutch Status signal. It just gets 12v whenever your compressor is on. Here is a diagram for ya. This is a stand alone style A/C wiring diagram with low pressure switch.

sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 06-13-2013, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

Very good info here, thanks for sharing!!

Quick Reply: a/c wiring and bracket help