Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Pinouts GMPP LS3 E67 ECM

Old 06-15-2013, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Pinouts GMPP LS3 E67 ECM

I am installing a GMPP LS3 and a T56 Magnum trans in my 69 Camaro. I would like the ECM to control the reverse lock out solenoid actuation in the T56. Can I enable C3 pin 8 in the ECM and connect it directly to the solenoid on the transmission? Or is that pin dead?

My challenge has been that there was no wiring diagram with the instructions that came with the GMPP electrical kit and the pin out descriptions are unclear. For example non of the pins are identified for the fan control. I have been extrapolating the pin outs and functions from a combination of Corvette and Cadillac ECM information.

Appreciate any thoughts and comments.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Any one with a GMPP E67 ECM that can give me a little help?
Old 09-17-2013, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I too have been told that connector 3, pin 8 is the ground for the reverse lockout solenoid. And the other wire to the solenoid has +12v when key is on. I have the pinout chart for the E67 PCM & that pin is labeled "RL", reverse lockout I assume.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Teching In

I appreciate the confirmation. Since I made the original post I now have the engine / trans combo running and the reverse lock works, occasionally. Somehow it gets a random ground that energizes the solenoid at speed so I have had a problem going into reverse when making the 4th to 5th shift at highway speed. Not good. Works the way it is suppose to up to about 5mph. I am planning to go back thru my harness this weekend.

Since you have a pinout description you might be able to help with another issue. I hooked up a check engine light by connecting to the pin B in the bulkhead connector per the crate engine instructions and the light is on all the time. The engine is not throwing any codes according to hptuner. Does your pin out description show which pin is for the CEL and is it a ground connection? Or powered?

Thanks
Old 09-17-2013, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bshyster65
I appreciate the confirmation. Since I made the original post I now have the engine / trans combo running and the reverse lock works, occasionally. Somehow it gets a random ground that energizes the solenoid at speed so I have had a problem going into reverse when making the 4th to 5th shift at highway speed. Not good. Works the way it is suppose to up to about 5mph. I am planning to go back thru my harness this weekend.

Since you have a pinout description you might be able to help with another issue. I hooked up a check engine light by connecting to the pin B in the bulkhead connector per the crate engine instructions and the light is on all the time. The engine is not throwing any codes according to hptuner. Does your pin out description show which pin is for the CEL and is it a ground connection? Or powered?

Thanks
is the LED in the fuse box from the kit on all the time too?

Here is the chart I have:

I can send you the full size image if you can't read this. PM me for it.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Thanks Scot. Yes the led in the box is on also. I plan to pull the pin that I added to the bulkhead connector and see if that turns the led off. I can read the chart and need to study it a bit more but did not see any pin for the CEL or MIL. The crate engine instructions reference an additional wire for the CEL in the throttle pedal harness but I did not find it. Would have been nice if GM had also referenced a wire color. Appreciate the help.
Bruce
Old 09-18-2013, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just looked again and found MIL, it is J1-12. Nothing I have says if it is positive or negative.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Teching In

Missed that so I guess I need a more readable copy. PM sent. Thanks.
Bruce L
Old 09-19-2013, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will send it tomorrow from my computer.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by samckitt
I just looked again and found MIL, it is J1-12. Nothing I have says if it is positive or negative.
I'm not positive that I have the same ECM as you guys but I think that I do. The LS Controller instructions, when speaking about the MIL, say: "This circuit [the redundant MIL output for inside the car] requires any 12v low current light and an ignition 12v power source. The ECM MIL output supplies the ground for the circuit."

Hope that helps?
Old 09-27-2013, 12:45 AM
Teching In

Thanks Scot. Yes the led in the box is on also. I plan to pull the pin that I added to the bulkhead connector and see if that turns the led off. I can read the chart and need to study it a bit more but did not see any pin for the CEL or MIL. The crate engine instructions reference an additional wire for the CEL in the throttle pedal harness but I did not find it. Would have been nice if GM had also referenced a wire color. Appreciate the help.
Bruce
Again, apologies if I'm misunderstanding your issue, but... The MIL looks like it shows up in 2 places. As noted by the chart above, it is in connector J-1, circuit #419, position 12, 22 gauge wire, brown/white. It also shows up in the Bulkhead Connector (not the throttle pedal harness) and it is circuit 419A, position B, 22 gauge brown/white. Feel free to tell me to MYOB!
Old 09-27-2013, 06:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sjaroslo
Again, apologies if I'm misunderstanding your issue, but... The MIL looks like it shows up in 2 places. As noted by the chart above, it is in connector J-1, circuit #419, position 12, 22 gauge wire, brown/white. It also shows up in the Bulkhead Connector (not the throttle pedal harness) and it is circuit 419A, position B, 22 gauge brown/white. Feel free to tell me to MYOB!

If you are referring to the GMPP LS controller harness, it has a light(LED) int he fuse box for the check engine light, and also has a pin in a connector that you can connect to to drive a light in the dash.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:12 PM
Teching In

I did some trouble shooting today and confirmed that I was inadvertly supplying a ground with the way I had wired the additional dash light and the info both of you have provided I now know what I need to do to fix it. Thanks for the help

Now to figure out why my reverse lock works the way it is suppose to at 0 to 5mph and locks out at speed correctly. Then for some reason at speed it intermittently energizes and it allows shift to reverse. Not a good thing at speed. I know the ECM provides ground and I went over my harness and could not find a short. You guys got any ideas?
Old 12-17-2015, 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

Default e67 pinouts

Originally Posted by samckitt
I too have been told that connector 3, pin 8 is the ground for the reverse lockout solenoid. And the other wire to the solenoid has +12v when key is on. I have the pinout chart for the E67 PCM & that pin is labeled "RL", reverse lockout I assume.
I'm going to start a first time ls swap into my 68 Camaro. I have an 08 tbss 6.0 that uses an e67 pcm with a dbw and need a pin chart for that. If you still have that it would make my life so much easier! I have searched and searched for it and can't come up with anything. please help if you can. thanks
Old 01-27-2017, 10:02 PM

Hi All,

I am having the same issue with my MIL. Any idea on what the solution was?
Old 05-23-2017, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks
i too want the reverse lockout to work! Anyone have the pin outs for the E67? The GM instructions don't show it as well as the manual VSS

thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with Pinouts GMPP LS3 E67 ECM