Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MEMBER Chrome_Rust!!!! BUYER BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 05:50 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fyi that second link you posted made my computer go a bit crazy . 1/2 loaded and then jumped to another screen and started in some crazy stuff.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Where's the YB link?
Old 07-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To anyone that has every been ripped off by this guy. Please pm me your names and numbers. I have contacted a lawyer in ohio. I am trying to build a case for theft to put this guy in jail. Or possible get refunds.

Charlies current address is
2201 State RT. 12
Findlay Ohio. 45840

Still searching cause rt 12 is main cross st or fostoria ave. Depending on East or west rt 12

Thanks Joshua
Old 07-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Launching!

here is the address i had for him when i sent him forum decals back in April before i knew about his BS...he said he got them so this has to be his real address

Charles Ridinger
4518 tr 123 apt E
McComb, ohio 45858
Old 07-10-2013, 10:44 PM
12 Second Club

Here you guys go I'm local to him.

https://www.facebook.com/charles.ridinger
Old 07-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Launching!

go figure the d-bag deleted hi facebook account

Originally Posted by 67maro
Here you guys go I'm local to him.

https://www.facebook.com/charles.ridinger
Old 07-24-2013, 10:14 AM
TECH Regular

Up to the top.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:46 AM
Teching In

I'm one state over in Indiana.
I to found him on Craigslist.
I sent him my ECM, a new Harness, and most of an original 5.3 harness. $400 to join the new harness to the S10 harness and tune the ECM.
I sent a Money Order. After a month and not hearing anything this is what I got....
" About done. Had a death in the family. My dad actually."
"Im finishing up harnesses this week. Have touched them since dad died. Look for thursdar or so."
"(1/2) Sorry. Been dealing with estate stuff. Since dad died, didnt know how much hell you can go throigh after someone is gone. Its finished. Ill be back in town Tuesday."

I sent a very detailed email explaining my Build, I did get my Harness back after 3 months but all this is wrong.
1) wrong injector plugs
2) wrong tranny speed sensor
3) forgot one whole plug for the old ECM now I have to move 4 wires
4) my electric Fans were never even wired in.

I'm thinking road trip

Joe
Old 09-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

What amazes me is that he hasn't even attempted to defend his name on here. To me that's an admission of guilt. Thanks for the warning I live in Springfield Ohio and seen his ad on Craigslist, but I think I'll take my business elsewhere
Old 09-15-2013, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshuaCopez
To anyone that has every been ripped off by this guy. Please pm me your names and numbers. I have contacted a lawyer in ohio. I am trying to build a case for theft to put this guy in jail. Or possible get refunds.

Charlies current address is
2201 State RT. 12
Findlay Ohio. 45840

Still searching cause rt 12 is main cross st or fostoria ave. Depending on East or west rt 12

Thanks Joshua
Another possibility: if ANY of your collective losses involved checks / MOs going through USPS, consider contacting the postal authorities. If the fraud crossed state lines, even better. I'm sure that, between all of the victims who have connected via this thread, you'll be able to amass a large enough collective loss to get their attention.

Oh, and if you have a friend who's a cop and interested in assisting, have them go here: NCIC Off-Line Search Request

Last edited by 1981TA; 09-15-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Z34LS1
I'm thinking road trip

Joe
Haha you guys should show up at his house and lay an assbeating on him. Shitbags like him aren't worth the dirt they stand on...
Old 09-15-2013, 08:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1981TA
Another possibility: if ANY of your collective losses involved checks / MOs going through USPS, consider contacting the postal authorities. If the fraud crossed state lines, even better. I'm sure that, between all of the victims who have connected via this thread, you'll be able to amass a large enough collective loss to get their attention.

Oh, and if you have a friend who's a cop and interested in assisting, have them go here: NCIC Off-Line Search Request
I really hope everyone can get what belongs to them.

Sometimes there is a stigma on the forum about sending something to a vendor because people believe some of us just rip people off or charge too much, or simply dont want to wait.

So then a member contacts them and says they can do it faster or cheaper.

Our base rewire compares or beats almost any price out there to help combat this happening to the members. Our base rewire 4 wire hook up is $250, you cant beat that with a stick!

weve been watching this thread, and we hope the best for everyone who was taken!

We have seen threads on other sites pop up also.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 09-19-2013, 06:17 AM
Teching In

Default LS-10 Wiring Harness

I really wish I'd of done some more research because I usually do. I've only recently joined this site. I am a member of ls1.com and the corvette action center. I joined this site after doing a simple google search using his name and the word Harness.
I actually spoke to him on the phone originally and thought what a nice Guy. I am a small business owner as well, I sell my Product line on E-Bay as well as my webpage, and I know what Customer Service & Customer Satisfaction mean. When my Harness was finally done I drove over to
4518 Township Road 123
Apt E
McComb, Ohio 45858

I met Charles and the Harness looked good, and clean. He told me I needed to add a Temp sending unit and run a wire to the Instrument Cluster for the Temp gage, and a Relay for the Fuel Pump. I checked out his Mustang and we chatted for a while.

After getting the Harness on my "LS-10" I noticed no plug in was provided for the "Black Connector" to my original computer. I sent him a picture and he came here for the answer and sent me a screen shot from this site showing what wires to connect. After that it seemed like problem after problem...wrong fuel injector plugs on harness, wrong Speed Sensor connector, No dual Electric Fans, and the 4 wires above I got to Fix.

I hope this weekend to solve most of the Issues, I got a buddy coming over that does Computer Repair for a Living. He's going to change the connectors, and Thanks to this Site wire my Dual Fans up with Relays.

If I ever go through this again I will not Hesitate to go to a Sponsor from this Site, I Regret trying to Help the "Small local Businessman".

I've still gotten no Reply.......
Old 10-18-2013, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

Ask him where my harness and money is!!! I try calling him weekly, still no answer and no harness and no money.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

First clue: An apt # in the addy.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:11 AM
Teching In

Update on my wasted Money....
Total Cost was $400.00
This included Unlocking the ECM (was not done).
Electric Fans installed & tuned into ECM (was not done)

No MIL hooked up
No Fuel Pump Relay hooked up
No Cruise Control signal hooked up
No VSS Signal hooked up
No Brake Signal hooked up.
No Electric fan wire to connect in Harness
No AC wire to turn on Compressor in Harness
Put a OBD2 Connector under hood instead of going through original

Thanks to my buddy at Lingenfelters I was able to get my truck running, while unlocking the ECM (VATS) I asked him to see if the ECM had ever been programmed. He told me no, everything I asked to be done to the ECM was not and it was not programmed. I've been thinking hard on this and it Really pisses me off. I had to pay an additional $150 for the Correct Programming, and spend quite a few hours going over wiring as well as researching here to get what I wanted done.

Bottom Line.......
Don't take it to the little guy you don't know, he has nothing to lose. A Reputable Company has a Reputation that they need to maintain to stay in business. I have over $550 in my harness and ECM, money that could have went to other stuff. I learned more than I wanted to and that's good but time is money and when pay for a Service to save time you expect it done right.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BP Automotive
I really hope everyone can get what belongs to them.

Sometimes there is a stigma on the forum about sending something to a vendor because people believe some of us just rip people off or charge too much, or simply dont want to wait.

So then a member contacts them and says they can do it faster or cheaper.

Our base rewire compares or beats almost any price out there to help combat this happening to the members. Our base rewire 4 wire hook up is $250, you cant beat that with a stick!

weve been watching this thread, and we hope the best for everyone who was taken!

We have seen threads on other sites pop up also.

Classy move using this thread as an advertisement for your services.

To the top.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 98 Likes on 68 Posts

Bingo !

But when you pay the sponsor fees you can do those type of things.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Razor
Classy move using this thread as an advertisement for your services.

To the top.
When you offer free advice and sell a high quality product/service it shouldn't be an issue. I didn't get scammed in the same way you did. I got a crappy harness made with used parts that I had 700 invested in.... I didn't pay for used parts or parts store cheap wiring/butt connectors but that's what I was sold. Bill got me fixed up and I couldn't be happier. Hopefully chrome rust gets what's coming to him.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:03 PM
Launching!

Maybe the mods could send a PM to all members and introduce a statement when they join LS1tech about the scam artists.

It sucks for all who have been taken by this person and all the other ones out there.

I for one have been lucky and not taken (yet), I always try to research the member...history of postings...etc. the old saying...sounds too good to be true...probably is.

Quick Reply: MEMBER Chrome_Rust!!!! BUYER BEWARE