Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T56 need advice/help

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 need advice/help

Hello all I'm new to this forum and this is my first post so I hope I'm in the right place. I joined here because I'm told that if you need info this is the place to go.

I'm building a 68 chevy pickup with a 6.0 lq9 and I recently purchased a T56 and now I'm trying to figure out if its worth the trouble or should I just sell it and do something else. I'd really like to give it a shot though.

Here's where I hope someone could help. I have the trans and that's pretty much it so I'm trying to figure out what all I will need to make this work. I don't have clutch , flywheel etc.

Anybody on here done this or could possibly list what I will need the truck was originally a standard but I don't know if the pedal assembly will work or I have to change it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

well in my experience going a4 to m6 in my 89' 240sx, I just used an LS7 clutch and flywheel. Also, a ton of wiring can be removed (~16 wires) for the a4 harness because all that you need on the t56 wiring is the speed sensor wires (2), reverse lights, skipshift (i removed mine ecu and wiring), and the neutral safety switch.

Also I dont know if your truck is manual, but if not you'll need a slave cyl and hoses for the setup should be it, good luck!
Old 06-22-2013, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Not worth the trouble,just send it to me and save yourself the grief.
As axon said,you will need a flywheel,clutch,slave assy,modify and mount a master to work with your pedal,modify the x-member for the mount,shorten your driveshaft,and futz around with the shifter to have it where you like it.
It is a bit of work,but well worth it if you like shifting for yourself.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is the truck just a driver? I've got one in my 98 F150 with extended cab. The truck is about 5000 lbs. The T56 is rated at 400 ft.lbs but that's with an F body weighing much less. The torque rating goes down as the vehicle gets heavier. I personally would not considering towing anything beyond the small single axle boat trailer I have. That's just my opinion. I have very limited drive time but the gearing of the T56 seems to be good. I would have thought it was going to be too low but so far it's not appearing so.

Quick Reply: T56 need advice/help