Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modding lq4 harness questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Modding lq4 harness questions

Looking to mod my harness going In my chevelle I need to know how to do it or where to start, transmission will be a th350 so no wiring for that if anyone has links to mods on lq4s it'd be great
Old 07-25-2013, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

lt1swap dot com has lots of info on pinouts, obd wiring, etc.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

X2 awsome website
Old 07-25-2013, 07:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

The fuse block is usually the hardest part for most DIYers. Which is why we offer several DIY kits that include the fuseblock.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 07-25-2013, 09:57 PM
Launching!

So this would prevent me from having to solder wire into the original panel and add resistors and whatnot? Does it come with a pin out of what needs to be taken out of my lq4 harness? I'm interested in this product
Old 07-27-2013, 05:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I might suggest that you leave the transmission wiring intact and just tuck it aside. As many have discovered the OD trans just makes for a superior package overall. It would be a shame to have to rebuild the harness, or have that be a stumbling block when you decide to make the upgrade.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 70ssclone
Looking to mod my harness going In my chevelle I need to know how to do it or where to start, transmission will be a th350 so no wiring for that if anyone has links to mods on lq4s it'd be great
I think OP question is after he has all the pinouts from LT1swap.com ,where does he start on his harness literally. Does he start by getting his power wires to the fuse block ,or identifying the pins to be deleted and pulling them. Where is the best place start ?
Old 07-29-2013, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best place to start is at the PCM connectors. Lt1swap is where I got all my info from. I just did an 05 truck harness, it was pretty straight forward. You start at the PCM to start thinning the harness down to what you do and do not need. Once all the wires are pulled from the PCM connectors, it's just as simple as removing them from the harness. One tidbit of advice I can strongly recommend is to thoroughly read through the info on your year model and understand the step that you are at. After mine was done I put it on the car, and had zero problems. Started right up.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by slotruk90
The best place to start is at the PCM connectors. Lt1swap is where I got all my info from. I just did an 05 truck harness, it was pretty straight forward. You start at the PCM to start thinning the harness down to what you do and do not need. Once all the wires are pulled from the PCM connectors, it's just as simple as removing them from the harness. One tidbit of advice I can strongly recommend is to thoroughly read through the info on your year model and understand the step that you are at. After mine was done I put it on the car, and had zero problems. Started right up.
Did you keep the original truck fuse block location , no lengthen or shortening of wires ?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided to leave mine the stock length. Because I put the computer inside the car under the dash. As far as the fuse box, whenever you start removing wires from the c-2 connector, I preferred to leave the wires as cut length from that connector. You can move it anywhere you want, I just wanted more room, so I left the wires long.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Search youtube. There are some very good tutorials people have made.

Quick Reply: Modding lq4 harness questions