Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions Before 1st time Fire on LS in 67 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 07:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions Before 1st time Fire on LS in 67 Camaro

Long story short, I am on yr 6 on my build. I have a short term goal to hear the LS1 engine fire, even if only for a minute (a little accomplishment to keep on keepin on). I have my PSI harness and ECM and I have my AAW classic update harness that I am starting to install.

Engine is stock with the exception of TR224 cam, springs, headers etc. Can someone give a quick list of what the engine requires to run? I know the normal stuff, but what about MAF, coolant sensor, IAT ect.

Next question, I have a GTO T56 installed. No drive shaft but has a factory cap over the shaft. I have my new slave and braided bleeder lines installed but no clutch master. Will there be a problem cranking and running the engine for a quick few seconds or minute?

Thanks,

Shannon

Click here for Link to My Build
Old 08-01-2013, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

Transmission will be fine in neutral for a short fire (assuming there's fluid in it). Do not run it without fluid. It might leak a bit if that cap comes off.

Engine will fire without the MAF, IAT, or ECT hooked up. MAP, cam/crank sensors, coils, and injectors should be the bare minimum.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sweet looking build. Love the undercoating.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Thanks, Just wish the top was as nice as the bottom. It will get there.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, I like your idea of flipping the fuel rail around as I am using my original fuel line as my supply. I bought a stainless 3/8 inch line a few years ago and planned on modifying it to work. I was worried about crossing it over to the driver side, but now I don't think I will have to.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had my Fuel Rail flip 180 for the longest time. .the only con is that Fuel Rails will not fit if they are flipped.
I Finally moded my fuel rail again (I braze AN -6 fitting on).. this time I cut it right at where the line enters into the Pulse module and brazed it there.. now the fuel line runs along the frame/firewall and up the back of the intake. I can not use my Vette FRC's..

Before on the Chevelle

After (both Chevelle and Nova now)

But both the Fuel Rails and the Intake can be flipped 180..

BC
Old 08-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Teching In

By fit do you mean bolted down or? I have it turned like your first picture. I may be missing it, but I don't see the problem. I am not running a gauge there, I am running a hose with a 90 deg AN fitting so it runs down the top of the valve cover to the firewall.

Quick Reply: Questions Before 1st time Fire on LS in 67 Camaro