Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 vortec with 4l60e in a 60-65 impala??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 vortec with 4l60e in a 60-65 impala??

looking for info on what is needed to do a 5.3 vortec swap in a early 60's impala? motor mounts cross members tranny mounts ect ect ect looking for any info you guys can throw my way as i want to pay to have this done once i find the right car and can anybody help me out with what a general budget would be to do this?
Old 08-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Launching!

trans cross member :
http://www.lategreatchevy.com/full-s...1959-1964.html

Mounts I built my own or you can usea 3/4 thick aluminum plate under the stock ones, f-body pan and headers were from a ls swap s truck with tons of room . ANd if you want to pay me I'd do it, but I'm in Canada.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Teching In

I used street and performance for my motor mounts, trans crossmember, swap oil pan and headers. If you are staying with the 2 piece driveshaft I highly recommend a billet carrier bearing as well.

As a side note...when I first put the LS1/4L60E in my car I made the motor mounts and trans crossmember and a set of stock Camaro exhaust manifolds fit with minimal clearance. I was also using a truck oilpan at that time. The biggest reason for the switch was because the oil pan hung so low. So you could do the swap cheap but I'd just call S&P and order their stuff. I used an inline fuel pump (Carter fuel pump part# is P5000) and the corvette fuel pressure regulator. Just took the car on the Power Tour and had a blast!!! Let me know if I can be of any help along the way!

Quick Reply: 5.3 vortec with 4l60e in a 60-65 impala??