Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

72 Chevelle Wagon LS Conversion

Old 08-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 72 Chevelle Wagon LS Conversion

I just bought a 72 Chevelle concourse wagon and have been tossing around the idea of doing and LS and Trans swap and have been reading threads for about 2 weeks. Even after all the research I still had some questions. First, is there a website or a thread that will tell me exactly what I would need to do the conversion? The car I have is a column shift auto and has factory AC which I need to keep since I live in AZ.
2nd, What year motors would be the best to look at? I have heard everything from Camaros to Silverados and have heard prices from $400-$700 for a motor and trans from junk yards. Is this a pretty accurate estimate?
I would love a link or 2 to some actual step by step conversions. I read many that were great but skipped a lot of details and didn't have pics.
Anyway, I am sure I will have a lot more questions but this is a start.
Love the website BTW.
Attached Thumbnails 72 Chevelle Wagon LS Conversion-20130812_190301_resized.jpg  
Old 08-19-2013, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 306 Likes on 206 Posts

I think you'll be very happy with LS power...there are quite a few A-body build threads on here...

I would check out Chevelles.com, they have there own wagon section.

The best tech for the LS stuff is over here.

I'm almost done with my 1972 Greenbrier 5.3L/4l60e swap myself...I've got lots of pics of the build. (PM me if you want anything specific) I'll probably start a thread over here (I have one going over there) when I get a little farther along.

Here's a mock up shot of my 5.3L under the hood...

Old 08-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CattleAc
I think you'll be very happy with LS power...there are quite a few A-body build threads on here...

I would check out Chevelles.com, they have there own wagon section.

The best tech for the LS stuff is over here.

I'm almost done with my 1972 Greenbrier 5.3L/4l60e swap myself...I've got lots of pics of the build. (PM me if you want anything specific) I'll probably start a thread over here (I have one going over there) when I get a little farther along.

Here's a mock up shot of my 5.3L under the hood...

I have been on the Chevelle tech site alot and its great. Biggest thing I want to find out is what year or years motor to look for and is it best to pull from a truck or car? I will definately check out your build.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 72 Chevelle Wagon LS Conversion