Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harness question - finally finishing my LS6 into 280Z project

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Harness question - finally finishing my LS6 into 280Z project

OK, I'll keep this one simple and hope that I don't get beat on for asking the question, as I know there are so many threads on harnesses.

I have a '78 Datsun 280Z that has an LS6/4L60E from a 2002 Camaro that I want to do the simple mods to make the factory harness a standalone setup, AND I have the 2002 Corvette Z06 gauge cluster that is being installed into the custom dash.

First, is there a link to a thread or to a site that simply lists the parts & mods needed to get the car running in regards to wiring. I am running A/C and the Camaro dual fan setup, so I need to retain that wiring, as well.

Second, I assume there is a plug in the harness that runs to the gauge cluster? Besides the fuel level, isn't all of that run through the ECM? I have to do work to get the fuel gauge working correctly, but that is a minor issue once I get everything else working.

I got the car back from paint shop and nobody has worked on the car but myself, so I have no problem doing the work, just need a little guidance & understanding on this setup to get it going.

I appreciate the help.
Attached Thumbnails Harness question - finally finishing my LS6 into 280Z project-280z-06a.jpg   Harness question - finally finishing my LS6 into 280Z project-280z-06b.jpg   Harness question - finally finishing my LS6 into 280Z project-280z-06c.jpg  
Old 09-02-2013, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

Lt1swap.com has all the wiring information you should need to get it running. Its pretty simple once you get started.

I think the gauge cluster requires a BCM to function.

Looks great. Are you the same Savage42 that sells R200 clutches on HybridZ?
Old 09-02-2013, 09:38 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are tons of wiring diagrams everywhere. We offer diy kits too, some you have to wire in, and some are plug and play depending on what harness you have. We dont have them up on the website just yet, but you can check them out in our ebay store link in our signature. The Wire in kits come with instructions to help guide you through the installation.

Bill

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 09-03-2013, 05:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 98 Likes on 68 Posts

That nice of a car deserves a brand new harness.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:33 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aknovaman
That nice of a car deserves a brand new harness.
Agreed.

The harness is always what gets skimped on. Ive seen it 1,000 times. Even on VERY high dollar builds.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 09-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by i r teh noobz
Lt1swap.com has all the wiring information you should need to get it running. Its pretty simple once you get started.

I think the gauge cluster requires a BCM to function.

Looks great. Are you the same Savage42 that sells R200 clutches on HybridZ?
Yes, the one and the same.

I appreciate the input and suggestions. I will take my time and get it figured out. The engine & harness have only 28k miles on them, so it's in great shape.

Either way, at least I will educate myself on how all the electrical is setup in the car.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

Very clean engine bay! Do you have a build thread somewhere?
Old 09-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Teching In

I have pics and will definitely be adding and taking more as I finish the car very soon. I will most likely update my Cardomain page or put it on the Hybridz forum. Will have plenty to add in the coming weeks & months.

Just got my 6.6 pound Braille lithium battery (which didn't exist when I started this project years ago) where I originally planned to use an Optima. Oh well, I'll just make a cover for the sunken battery box area on the passenger side corner at the firewall since the battery is less than half the size, too.

Quick Reply: Harness question - finally finishing my LS6 into 280Z project