Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with ls6 cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with ls6 cruise control

My 1st post here. You guys have been invaluable with my swap LS6/T56 from 05 CTS-V into 57 Bel-air. Car is running & driving great except for the cruise control. I've read pretty much every DBW cruise thread here and on many other sites and have not been able to find a solution. I wired it as per lt1swap. Scanner shows on/off, set/cruise, resume/accel, clutch sw, are working normally. Stop light signal (TAC C1/6) toggles applied/released normally. BUT there is a second brake related signal - "Cruise brk rel sw" that constantly reads "applied" on scanner. Wiring diagram shows a EBCM to PCM signal (PCM C1/62) so I tried 1st grounding, then 12+ve to this wire, but made no difference. Also, there is a line on scanner- "Cruise Control Active" - that reads "NO". Not sure if this would just switch to "YES" when the cruise is engaged or if this means the cruise is "turned off" in the PCM. Have EVO Genisys scanner, but don't see any way to turn options on/off. I hope someone has some ideas. Thanks.
Mark
Old 09-21-2013, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

05 CTS-V diagram shows a clutch pedal pos switch to PCM C1-35.

"Opens when clutch pedal is pressed"

Closed would be connected to +12
Old 09-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Yep, I've got that working. Toggles between applied/released when I push/release the clutch pedal.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Teching In

I'm in the same boat. I have a 32 Ford with the engine and computer from a 05 Cadillac CTS-V. Street and Performance built the harness and "programmed the computer". I've tried almost every way to get the cruise to work and nothing. I've tried using the factory steering wheel switches. With and with out relays from the donor car. A Dakota digital HND-3 with 2 relays I found on another forum's write up. Please let me know what you find makes yours work.

Quick Reply: Help with ls6 cruise control