Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 S-10 Blazer and 2000 5.3 4L60E Swap Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 95 S-10 Blazer and 2000 5.3 4L60E Swap Wiring Question

I have a blazer I am working on this swap. I am currently modifying the donor engine harness. I have used the info from LT1swap.com which has been great. I am a little confused by the transmission plugs/harness and what to do with them? I was removing the wires from the C2 factory connector and there were many wires that went to the plugs on the trans to what I would call the shift module on the driver's side. Yellow, purple/white, 2 solid light greens, and pink. Also a pink wire that goes to what is I believe the valve body plug. There are 2 black with white stripe wires in there also if I remember correctly. that is a handful of wires i need to connect somewhere. Since they went to the C2 connector it seems they are just fused wires but do I just tie them together like the pinks from the injectors and put them o a fuse?

Maybe I just need to step away from this for a while before I make a mistake. I have searched but did not locate what I am looking for. Any help or links to where I can find this info is appreciated. I am just doing a stock swap for now so all it needs to do is function as GM designed it to.

Thanks for taking the time to read.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Best bet is take a break. It took me 2 days and a lot of aleve to get through my harness. You tend to get a bit color blind after looking at the harness for so long.

If you have questions regarding the harness, you can email Brendan at lt1swap and he will usually respond back that evening after 5 pm. It may take an extra day if he is busy. But better to wait and be sure that to remove a wrong wire and be pissed for a week.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've usually been able to figure those small details with a little bit of clarity when you step back and clear your head. Sometimes it helps to just take your mind off it completely, and came back and tackle it again and maybe it'll make more sense. Usually Black w/ White stripe is usually a ground, and from all I can see in the C2 connector is...

D1 BLK/WHT 1695 Four Wheel Drive Front Wheel Lock Telltale Feed
E1 BLK/WHT 1695 Four Wheel Drive Front Wheel Lock Telltale Feed
F6 BLK/WHT 451 Engine Control Module Ground

Not sure which wire you're dealing with, but I hope this helps. I did notice some other Black w/ White striped wires in other plugs, but that's all that's in C2. To my knowledge, I don't recall using the 4WD telltale feed's, but clearly the ECM ground is essential.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the replies. stepping away helped some but it eats at you until you figure it out. I verified the wires that were removed from C2 and go to the trans connectors with an OHM meter. The 2 connectors that go to the left(driver's side) side appear to go to a shift switch and I am sure does other functions. There is a round connector that goes to the passenger side of the trans and i will assume that is for the valve body etc. here is what I have:

(1)small yellow from C2 to left side plug
(2)small purple/white stripe from C2 to left side plug
(3) 2 larger light green from C2 to left side plug
(4)large pink from C2 to left side plug
a misc small black/white stripe going to left side plug. this one may trace back to a wire that can be removed from Red 19/4WD front axle switch slot per LT1swap.com

(1) only a single small pink from C2 to the round plug on the passenger side (valve body).

That will be at least 6 wires that went to the underhood fuse block for what appears to be 12v switched. I just need to verify how these need to be terminated.

I will e-mail over at LT1swap.com and wait for a response. I do plan on sending my PCM there to be flashed anyhow.

If this looks familiar to anyone please chime in with your experiences.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Teching In

P.S.

Big Ed I was looking at your parts for sale and if it was for a 4L60 it would already have been on the way......

good luck with your sale.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

yup. no problem. Someone pm'd me about it and sale is pending. the big round in the last connector is definitely the trans plug, as for the other two, I cant say because I don't have the harness out of my s-10. Was the donor vehicle possibly a 4 wheel drive? That may go to the transfer case if it was. Brendan should get back to you today sometime. If he hasn't replied, try calling him tomorrow, his number is on the website. It is also his cell so you can text him as well.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SBSR
P.S.

Big Ed I was looking at your parts for sale and if it was for a 4L60 it would already have been on the way......

good luck with your sale.
my pcm actually was setup to work with the 4L60E in the programming. I just had my head up my butt about removing it despite several people telling me to leave it in.

Oh well. Lesson learned. Gonna go get some food now. I am hungry.

Quick Reply: 95 S-10 Blazer and 2000 5.3 4L60E Swap Wiring Question