Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trick Flow Track Max Camshaft ?s

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Trick Flow Track Max Camshaft ?s

Would this cam work in an ly6 , what other mods are needed , top gear for chain im sure , and Im doing the trunnions , what springs and pushrods would be needed using an ls3 intake ans stock e38 computer wire harness , any help appreciated

cam number is 30602001
Old 12-17-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have looked at that cam many times and almost bought it a few times, because it is so cheap. I have not found much information on it though.

Basically it would make more power than an LS6 cam at a brand new price of $287, which is not much higher than a used LS6 cam price.

It's a 3 bolt cam though, so if your LY6 has a single bolt and cam position sensor in the timing cover, you will need to swap out the timing cover as well as the top cam sprocket.

I think you can count on the ECM needing to be re-tuned. Don't know what to tell you on springs and pushrods.

By the time you convert a single bolt engine to run a three bolt cam, you could have just bought a single bolt cam.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by usdmholden

By the time you convert a single bolt engine to run a three bolt cam, you could have just bought a single bolt cam.
Thats true , I spoke with my engine builder yesterday , and think im going to keep the vvt , and use texas speed components . The things I am going to modify , are ,1 trunnion upgrade , 2 springs , 3 phase limiter , 4 pushrods , 5 camshaft

Quick Reply: Trick Flow Track Max Camshaft ?s