Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIN location on the 2011 6.0 Block?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIN location on the 2011 6.0 Block?

I've been all over this engine but cannot seem to find the VIN# or a partial one anywhere on the block.

I've checked the places that the LS1 used to have them but no evidence of numbers so I'm assuming the old marking method has changed.

It's a L96 (6.0, E85, VVT) from the 2011 Model Year. The only thing I've been able to find is a sticker that no longer has the full VIN on it.

Hopefully a GM tech can chime in here?

Merry Christmas!

Ken
Old 12-25-2013, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Docked Wage
I've been all over this engine but cannot seem to find the VIN# or a partial one anywhere on the block.

I've checked the places that the LS1 used to have them but no evidence of numbers so I'm assuming the old marking method has changed.

It's a L96 (6.0, E85, VVT) from the 2011 Model Year. The only thing I've been able to find is a sticker that no longer has the full VIN on it.

Hopefully a GM tech can chime in here?

Merry Christmas!

Ken
the ID # should be laser etched or stamped on the drivers side rear of the block, its a 9 digit number the last 6 digits are the last 6 of the VIN (which unless you have the complete VIN or atleast the last 8 digits of it wont help you much for anyhting)

Quick Reply: VIN location on the 2011 6.0 Block?