Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls2 high idle after lightly pressing gas pedal

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls2 high idle after lightly pressing gas pedal

I put a ls2 crate motor in a 66 nova. I have the gmpp plug an play harness with computer to run the car. It has a tko600 5 speed trans behind it. The car has always idled high since I put the motor in, the motor was brand new in the crate when I bought it. When you first start the car it will usually idle fine (600 to 650) then after lightly pressing the gas pedal idle will come up to 1500rpm and stay there. Sometimes it will come down to its normal idle but mostly it will idle there. I have tried the idle relearn 4 times today and it doesn't help one bit. I don't have a scan tool to check the parameters of the tps but a buddy does and every time we seem to plug it in it idles fine and will not stay idling high.

I changed the maf sensor tonight and still no change. It does it worse when the car is hot and the fans are on. The intake is running right next to the radiator and fans are blowing on the intake tube, I'm wondering if this hot air blowing on the intake after the maf sensor is reading has anything to do with it? Also when the fans are on I unplugged the coolant temp sensor and the fans do not turn off (thinking it's stuck in cold mode or the temp sensor is not reading). Does anyone know if you unplug the temp sensor with the fans running will it turn them off if it's working properly?

Thanks for your help

Quick Reply: Ls2 high idle after lightly pressing gas pedal