Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need info..LS 6.0 into a Gen 2

Old 12-31-2013, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need info..LS 6.0 into a Gen 2

I've been doing a lot of reading and finding trouble putting it all together. I've done 2 LS swaps into a couple of C10 trucks, but this is my first in a 73 split bumper Z. For a 6.0 swap with a LS2 intake, what are the necessary changes with sources....such as, what mounts, headers, trans member, etc. I will need? Oil pan or will the 6.0 pan work? Can I buy a pump to go into existing tank? I will be using the existing harness and ECU, drive by wire, etc. what gauges have people been using to accept the VSS? I want to use the existing stock automatics shifter with a 4L60, is there a lokar that will make that work.....and any other things I may have missed........much appreciated.......also, if someone has a contact I can call that might help......thanks again!
Old 01-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone????
Old 01-01-2014, 06:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by 65stinger
I've been doing a lot of reading and finding trouble putting it all together. I've done 2 LS swaps into a couple of C10 trucks, but this is my first in a 73 split bumper Z. For a 6.0 swap with a LS2 intake, what are the necessary changes with sources....such as, what mounts, headers, trans member, etc. I will need? Oil pan or will the 6.0 pan work? Can I buy a pump to go into existing tank? I will be using the existing harness and ECU, drive by wire, etc. what gauges have people been using to accept the VSS? I want to use the existing stock automatics shifter with a 4L60, is there a lokar that will make that work.....and any other things I may have missed........much appreciated.......also, if someone has a contact I can call that might help......thanks again!
Hooker and Holley have everything you need to get that engine and trans bolted into you car at proper angles and headers and exhaust systems also to finish your project off.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For EFI tank you can go with the Tanks Inc

http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/pa...rod/prd411.htm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need info..LS 6.0 into a Gen 2