Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

built ford tough w/ chevy parts need help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default built ford tough w/ chevy parts need help!

i currently have a 1968 mustang coupe that i have been restoring for the past few years, but have lost interest mainly because there are no real good engine upgrades that i like that for has. no i dont want to do a dohc cobra swap i dont know much about them. however i know alot about the lsx motors and i was wondering if anyone has done an ls1 or lm7 (5.3) swap in the 67-70 mustangs and if anyone could help me with finding some motor mounts for the swap. this will the most likey the only way i will keep this car if i can do the swap and i dont really want to get rid of it. any help appreciated guys thanks!
Old 01-01-2014, 05:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a bunch of threads that might help:

https://www.google.com/search?q=firs...w=1366&bih=664
Old 01-01-2014, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

currently doing an early 65 swap- if you want to go to a strut lower a-arm only like a modern mustang do AJE racing k- member - its on summit called COLT65 and is 64-70 mustang. If you are keeping the stock front stuff, you will prob. have to run a front sump pan to clear the crossmember bar and custom mounts. The struts will be very close to the headers but if you did manifolds or tight headers it would prob. work fine. Still working out the details on my build below....

Quick Reply: built ford tough w/ chevy parts need help!