Sponsored by:

LS1 wiring on a LM7

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LS1 wiring on a LM7

ok guys I have a ?

I have a 05 5.3 (LM7) from a express van (cable TB). I swapped intake/TB/injectors/front acc drive to LS1 style. I know that a LS1 harness will connect to everything on the engine just fine, my ? is, will my pcm work with the LS1 harness (after a reflash of course)? My pcm has blue/green connectors but LS1 pcm's have red/blue connectors, that's why I'm not sure. Other than the color of the connector, what else is diff? Pin locations? Thanks for the help guys
Old 01-09-2014, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 98 Likes on 68 Posts

No and yes. Also it depends. Clear?
No, not directly.
Yes, it will work with the following modifications.
The blue/green connectors pcm will work with the LS1 harness if you cut/grind off the red connector guide pins on the side of the connector to make the red connector fit in the green PCM and modify the PCM file.
In a factory configuration, the blue green PCM (with the express van file) and a ‘05 harness, grounds the 02 sensor heaters internally to the PCM (heaters are controlled via PCM). With a F-body harness , the 02 heaters are grounded in the harness and you will set heater circuit OBD2 codes and need to turn them off in the PCM file.
You will need to change the engine displacement, make tuning adjustments for other mods that you have done and delete the OBD2 codes in the file and tune as any other engine.

All this is assuming you will be putting this in a car with the LS1 harness.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes i'm going to use a psi ls1 harness. Another? If I just get a red/blue pcm, will any of them work? I mean with a tune of course. I'm looking at a psi ls1 harness a guy has for cheap and want to know what all else I'm going to need.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 98 Likes on 68 Posts

In that case, with a 09354896 or 12200441 service number PCM you just need a proper tune. Even a 04 GTO PCM will work. Express vans used DBC all the way up to '06, I believe.

Quick Reply: LS1 wiring on a LM7