Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1970 Chevelle SS ly6 6.0 w/LSA Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boost in a Ls swapped Chevelle is a gift from the gods, keep up the good work!
Old 10-29-2016, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old post but I am considering(really actually planning on) doing a similar build in my 1970 Chevelle. I was curious if someone could give me an overview of what needs to be done to make the LSA system work on an older LQ4. I already have some CNC LS3 heads, I have the blower, and intercooler setup, the blower pulley and the Harmonic balancer. I still need injectors and rails,unless the old rails will work, a throttle body, I will need to plumb a heat exchanger lines and pump system. I read here that the Crankshaft needs to be machined for a keyway. For the balancer, What would be best for electronics, I was thinking of maybe just using a LSA crate motor controller setup sold by GM as it would be easy, but I am not sure about all of the sensors working from the old motor for the LSA motor and or extra sensors for the blower system I wouldn't have. Does the computer control the heat exchanger water pump? Is it easy to work off of the factory coolant connectors to a universal style heat exchanger setup. Any other comments would be appreciated as I am in the planning stage at best right now. Here is what I am working with
Attached Thumbnails 1970 Chevelle SS ly6 6.0 w/LSA Supercharger-blower1.jpg   1970 Chevelle SS ly6 6.0 w/LSA Supercharger-blower2.jpg   1970 Chevelle SS ly6 6.0 w/LSA Supercharger-blower3.jpg   1970 Chevelle SS ly6 6.0 w/LSA Supercharger-blower-4jpeg.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1970 Chevelle SS ly6 6.0 w/LSA Supercharger