Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

are these fabricated valve covers compatible with my setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are these fabricated valve covers compatible with my setup?

Hi all,

I have a 98 LS1 block with some minor upgrades. Still has stock rockers. It has the LS6 intake, 243 LS6 heads and stock LS1 tb. BBK fuel rails on the way.

will the valve covers pictured be fine with my set up, i see they dont have any tubes coming off them like the stock ones and i thought there should be at least one?? i also did the LS6 valley cover conversion. im curious how i would run the breather lines (or i believe thats the name) that originally went from the covers and PCV to the TB and intake etc. can any answer this and/or suggest how to run lines or what lines to run now that i did the PCV conversion??

Thanks

on craigslist - http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ptd/4267099348.html

http://images.craigslist.org/00L0L_i...RZ_600x450.jpg

my engine currently:

Old 01-16-2014, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the Holley Valve Covers. They are a little more than those but the coils mount right to the covers (no coil brackets), they have the breather tubes and they come with a nice looking billet oil cap.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MX6.0
Check out the Holley Valve Covers. They are a little more than those but the coils mount right to the covers (no coil brackets), they have the breather tubes and they come with a nice looking billet oil cap.

I plan to relocate the coils, the set that this guy has actually doesnt have the coill mounting stubs so that works. But my question goes back to do i need the tubes from the valve covers or not? its more a functionality question and how to hook them up properly?
Old 01-17-2014, 05:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you want to run a PCV then you will need a fresh air inlet to the motor someplace. It will need to be plumbed into the throttle body so you get filtered and metered air.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
If you want to run a PCV then you will need a fresh air inlet to the motor someplace. It will need to be plumbed into the throttle body so you get filtered and metered air.
hmm, does anybody have pics of their set up? anyone running similar valve covers and set up?
Old 01-17-2014, 12:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Like Pop said.. If you used those cover and plan to run a PCV system (which it appear it doesn't have any provision for the Fresh Air Port.. You might be able run a port off the Oil Filler Cap to the TB port or drill and add a port in the cover itself.

BC
Old 01-17-2014, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by swandude805
hmm, does anybody have pics of their set up? anyone running similar valve covers and set up?
Here's mine

I'm actually going to sell my covers if you are interested. I drilled and tapped the oil cap so I could complete the PCV system. I have the ls6 valley also.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Thanks bczee!

StreetLegal - thanks for the pic...well i have a set in mind i want but im just gonna run something different to start the project and upgrade later. a guy is selling the same as you have in that pic, new from summit i guess they were 180 but he is offering them to me for 100 with hardware and gaskets all new....what would your price be shipped to 94116 in Ca? the hardware still good? are you selling more parts than just the covers? also, what catch can you using? sorry for all the questions haha
Old 01-17-2014, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks bczee!

StreetLegal - thanks for the pic...well i have a set in mind i want but im just gonna run something different to start the project and upgrade later. a guy is selling the same as you have in that pic, new from summit i guess they were 180 but he is offering them to me for 100 with hardware and gaskets all new....what would your price be shipped to 94116 in Ca? the hardware still good? are you selling more parts than just the covers? also, what catch can you using? sorry for all the questions haha
I could probably do $100 shipped. Shouldn't be too much to ship. Mine are used though and I drilled and tapped the oil cap so not sure if you are wanting brand new and such.

My catch can is from Mike Norris motorsports it's the gen2. Here's a link http://www.mikenorrismotorsports.com...atch_Cans.html

The only thing I would replace is the little rubber grommets that are on the bolts. A couple of them are torn.

What other parts are you looking for lol I might have something?
Old 01-17-2014, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Streetlegal?
I could probably do $100 shipped. Shouldn't be too much to ship. Mine are used though and I drilled and tapped the oil cap so not sure if you are wanting brand new and such.

My catch can is from Mike Norris motorsports it's the gen2. Here's a link http://www.mikenorrismotorsports.com...atch_Cans.html

The only thing I would replace is the little rubber grommets that are on the bolts. A couple of them are torn.

What other parts are you looking for lol I might have something?
hmm ok, well i may want the new ones if its the same price...but i was just lookin at ur engine. i need covers, catch can, and i may want to buy the upper mount AC&ALT brackets if it doesnt fit in my chevelle as is...gotta buy my swap headers, harness, and tank still.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmm ok, well i may want the new ones if its the same price...but i was just lookin at ur engine. i need covers, catch can, and i may want to buy the upper mount AC&ALT brackets if it doesnt fit in my chevelle as is...gotta buy my swap headers, harness, and tank still.
I don't blame you $100 is a good deal for a new set. Yea the catch can I got is real quality piece. You won't be disappointed if you go that route.

Quick Reply: are these fabricated valve covers compatible with my setup?