Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans and LS engine compatability

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans and LS engine compatability

I have an L92 Engine from a 2010 Escalade AWD and a 2WD 6L80E transmission from a 2011 Chevy pickup. My question is if these 2 are interchangeable of if I need to change the flywheel or anything else to make them mate up properly? Sorry if there is another post about this, I did a search and didn't see this specific topic. Is there a charge somewhere for LS engine/trans interchangeability?

My swap is going in a 67 Camaro. L92 has DOD eliminated, ported LS3 intake and TB, Texas speed VVT2 cam, Dynatech full length headers, PSI harness.

Thanks
Ed
Old 01-27-2014, 12:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would use the E38 ECM software from a 2011 Escalade to make sure the engine and transmission communicate properly. They might anyways and you could try it and see what happens. If not you will know what to do.

From a mechanical standpoint I don't think you have a problem. As far as I know the engine blocks are all the same. It is the transmissions that are different. The flywheels should be the same.

Sounds like a nice project you have. If you have not started one already do a thread on you project.

Last edited by 1989GTA; 01-27-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1989GTA
I would use the E38 ECM software from a 2011 Escalade to make sure the engine and transmission communicate properly. The might anyways and you could try it and see what happens. If not you will know what to do.

From a mechanical standpoint I don't think you have a problem. As far as I know the engine blocks are all the same. It is the transmissions that are different. The flywheels should be the same.

Sounds like a nice project you have. If you have not started one already do a thread on you project.

Thanks for the response, I am using the original E38 ECM from the Escalade that the engine came from. I was concerned about the mechanical interface, I will be bolting it up this week. I will gather up my pics and start a thread. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Trans and LS engine compatability