Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neutral Safety Switch for GM LS427 with ECM

Old 01-28-2014, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neutral Safety Switch for GM LS427 with ECM

Hello,
I am installing a Blueprint Engines LS427 with all GM EFI parts into my 1967 Corvette, formerly a BB engine. I need a neutral safety switch.

UPDATE- We figured it out, fabricated a bracket for the clutch pedal to touch a push-type switch when the pedal is all the way in.

I have installed a Tremec TKO600 5-speed but they do not offer a neutral safety switch based upon actually being in neutral due to variability of the shifter location being set for a 67 vette. I do drag race this car and also installing a Raptor dual stage shift light. There is no VSS input to the ECM when used in an older car to determine if the vehicle moving, there is only the ECM tach output for shift light activation. The launch control feature of the shift light needs a signal to know the clutch is in at launch time. So we are installing a clutch pedal switch that will provide a ground signal to the shift light for launch RPM (clutch in and has to be grounded for +1 seconds to differentiate from a regular shift). Is there a signal that the ECM could use from the clutch pedal switch(s) that would disable the starter if the clutch was not pushed in?
Or is there some other way to prevent the engine from starting with the car in gear and the clutch pedal engaged?
Thanks in Advance
Terry

Last edited by TerryConverse; 02-11-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Neutral Safety Switch for GM LS427 with ECM