Sponsored by:

Any Seattle Area Members??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 05:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any Seattle Area Members??

Hi All,

Next week I am attending a conference in Seattle and am looking for some pointers on cool places to go. My days are full by my evenings are free so keep in mind that I'll be going to most of these places in dark lol.

Looking to maybe go to a few bars and would really like to see a local rock show or 2 if there are popular venues with good reputations for finding up-and-coming bands.

I am already assuming I'll be seeing the space needle and Pike Place where they throw the fish...

Any ideas and pointers appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 02-07-2014, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a bit North of Seattle, so I can't give ya pointers on the little -whole-in-the-wall bars, but I do have a couple recommendations:

Beer:
Pike Place Brewery-This is a full running brewery right next to AND UNDER Pike Place Market. I recommend te sampler of all their on-tap beers!

Pyramid Brewery-Right across the street from Safeco and Century Link Field. Great food, awesome beer and the wait staff is normally easy oh the eyes as well

Automotive/Go-fast:
Lemay Auto Museum in Tacoma-A 30 minute drive to Tacoma is well worth it! 500+ cars on display ranging from Euro sports cars, exotics, American muscle, oddities, prototypes, 1-offs, motorcycles, racecars.

Seattle Museum of Flight:
Buildings of cool planes, engines, areospace history, and some interactive displays. A nice tip of the hat to our hotrod in the sky bretheran. Tons of fun for any gearhead!

Well I guess you can tell what is important to me haha! Cheeck out our beautiful city, be prepared for rain and maybe a little snow and enjoy your trip!
Old 02-07-2014, 03:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you make it up to Everett, go to the Future of Flight Museum and take the Boeing Factory Tour. Then visit Paul Allen's Heritage Flight Collection and then head over to the Historic Flight Foundation. It's worth an afternoon.

Quick Reply: Any Seattle Area Members??