Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S10 LS1 Swap Wiring Question

Old 02-10-2014, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S10 LS1 Swap Wiring Question

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I'm working on putting together an LS1 swap in my 2001 S10 Xtreme (currently a 4.3/4L60E auto, and 2WD)
I bought a complete 1999 Pontiac TransAm Formula (LS1/4L60E) donor car. It has light front end damage but runs and drives.
I'm planning on doing a fairly "stock" swap. I have pretty much everything figured out as far as mounts, headers, fuel system, cooling, etc.
I know you can get a complete swap harness from Current Performance, and other places but I was thinking about tackling the wiring myself since I have two complete harnesses. (I figure if its a bust, I'm not out anything other than some time)
I wondered if anyone knows where I could find a diagram on which wires need to be re-pinned. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated! and I apologize if this has been asked a million times before but I can't seem to find the information I need.

Also on a side note, if anyone knows a good place to get the computer flashed, I'd like to hear your opinions. Thanks Again!
Old 02-10-2014, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Lt1swap.com has all the wiring info you could need, the wiring isn't too hard you just have to buy a few relays and a fuse block. The guy that runs lt1swap flashes PCMs as well, used to be $75 including return shipping.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

The main plugs on your truck that need wires running to them are c101 and the c2 fuse box connector. Lt1swap.com has all the pinouts needed for the engine side of the harness, check out this link for the s10 side of everything http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/b...blazer-477762/

My truck was a 2.2 so all I needed was c101 and c2. The 4.6 may have a few extra wires I'm not sure but all the info you need should be in the link I posted.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:24 PM

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to give those sights a look! Hopefully will be posting a sweet build thread once the project gets going!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S10 LS1 Swap Wiring Question