Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting help please

Old 02-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting help please

5.3 into Jeep cj7, at a point where it's ready to start (today!!) and I am chomping at the bit to fire it up. The idiot who did my harness locally hacked off the selector indicator plugs for the 4l60e. I know I can program to bypass, but in order to do so I have to tow the Jeep someplace to program it (same idiot) so not really looking forward to that as an option. Can I ground the white wire out and make it run? I have a neutral safety switch in the shifter that I wired in to the Jeeps ignition switch, so it's safe.
Any thoughts?? Help?? Thanks!!
Old 02-12-2014, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

Did you put a cluster in that will use the selector indicator? Thats all that does is tell you on the dash what gear you are in in the donor vehicle . The neutral/safety switch should only disable the starter and not keep the car from running.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Teching In

I did not, I am using the factory Jeep Speedo with the VSS hooked up though. So with the wires cut is should start and run correct? AT least until I can get it programmed out? Thanks for your help!
Old 02-12-2014, 11:13 PM
Teching In

Started today! Have a couple of smog related things to address, but it's headed to the Referee next week. Thanks for all the great info from this site!!! And from all of you......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Starting help please