Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 03:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Help

I have a PSI conversion harness installed on a LM7 engine that is in a 78TA and the problem Im having is when switch is turned to on position the fuel pump and throttle body cycle on and off in sequence with one another. Looking for suggestions to located the problem.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Cycle on and off as in you tried to start the engine and it won't start or you just did a key on / off?

There are a lot of variables missing, however since you mentioned throttle body cycle I'll assume it's drive by wire. This is normal. The fuel pump will come on for approximately two seconds and the throttle body will open and close once or twice to ensure proper operation. This is part of the pre-start test the PCM goes through.

Now if that happens and the engine won't fire... that is a completely different issue.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I figured it out, I had the fuel pump relay and the ignition relay wired to the same power source which was causing the fuel pump relay to kick on and off. I got it started for the first time today. excited to say the least.

Quick Reply: Wiring Help