Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Crossmember

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 06:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley Crossmember

Does the holley cross member work with dirty dingo mounts. Putting ls1 with a 4l60e in an 81 trans am.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm currently putting the whole Holley kit into my LS swap. Here is a picture of the cross member installed in my 69 camaro. If the Dingo mounts are the same height (frame to engine) as the Holley motor mount set up, i don't see why it wouldn't work? The Holley set up sets the frame to engine at 3-5/8".

Last edited by dondb; 02-18-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Thomas
Does the holley cross member work with dirty dingo mounts. Putting ls1 with a 4l60e in an 81 trans am.
No it won't Danny as the Hooker (not Holley) crossmembers for the 2nd-gen applications feature the same unique design geometry of the Hooker engine brackets for the same that centers the engine and transmission in the subframe. This is similar to the engine/trans alignment you will have when running many of the popular aftermarket subframes and unlike the stock passenger side offset that will be maintained when you use the Dirty Dingo or any other brand of swap plates.

The Hooker parts are designed as a system and cannot successfully be used in a mix and match fashion as parts have been in the past...you will have issues in doing so.

I hope this helps.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Toddoky
No it won't Danny as the Hooker (not Holley) crossmembers for the 2nd-gen applications feature the same unique design geometry of the Hooker engine brackets for the same that centers the engine and transmission in the subframe. This is similar to the engine/trans alignment you will have when running many of the popular aftermarket subframes and unlike the stock passenger side offset that will be maintained when you use the Dirty Dingo or any other brand of swap plates.

The Hooker parts are designed as a system and cannot successfully be used in a mix and match fashion as parts have been in the past...you will have issues in doing so.

I hope this helps.
Thanks for the info..Guess I will flip original cross member and redo tab
Old 02-18-2014, 10:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Thomas
Thanks for the info..Guess I will flip original cross member and redo tab
That's another way to skin the same cat.

Quick Reply: Holley Crossmember