Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G-body lq4 build

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G-body lq4 build

Hello im doing a ls 6.o lq4 swap and gonna make this my build thread for it first off i tell you about car its a 1981 oldsmobile cutlass calai t-tops im in middle of frame off i plan so far to get ls6 stock intake for it later i might put tick performance cam in it with few other mods but for now stock is fine with me it will never be more then a fun summer car to drive once in while the transmission will either be a 700r4 built or 4l80e not sure yet rear end will be ford 9" oil pan will be gm musclecar pan headers hedman husler gbody swap headers wiring will probably be psiconversion harness still not sure yet and now for first question i been doing some research and for fuel lines so far i came up with ptfe teflon kevlar braided lines since they dont have gas smell like other braided lines and last longer i been told only downside is its expensive so my other option is pre bent oem or stainless fuel lines from and last option would be the dorman oem nylon plastic type fuel line like you see on newer cars it will be used with a grand national fuel injection gas tank and sending unit also with walbro 255 fuel pump and corvette filter regulator thats where im at so far so if you guys can give me the pros and cons of each type fuel line i described and wich of the three you would go with and why i dont want a fire so help is needed oh and body isnt on frame right now so running new lines will be easy part part # and links to any suggestions that will last life car and wont be dangerous or smell garage up i was going to use earls pro lite 350n until read it only last bout 3= years and smells like gas imediatly so not using that stuff thanks again

Last edited by gbodylove; 02-22-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:44 PM

I also was going to ask the sending unit comes either digital or anolog i have anolog guages but going with aftermarket gauges since im changing should i get the digital sending unit to work with the ls swap ? Any suggestion on gueges work for the swap be nice too
Old 02-25-2014, 09:56 PM

Default fuel line ?

ptfe teflon kevlar briaded or pre bent oem or stainless lines or oem nylon dorman plstic type lines what be best choice for fuel injection

Quick Reply: G-body lq4 build