Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMR tubular ls1 k-member vs stock ls1 k-member

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR tubular ls1 k-member vs stock ls1 k-member

My friend and I are dropping a lq9 into a fbody camaro. We've found a front end k-member from a 2001 ls1 camaro with steering rack, shocks and coils, control arms, brake rotors, calipers ect. ect. for $100 or would the tubular bmr k member be worth it for $550ish which is just the k-member and motor mounts
Old 02-22-2014, 09:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

it will save i think 28ish lbs with just the k member and be easier to work on the car with it in there. You need to decide if thats worth 550 to you .
Old 04-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I opted for BMR K with lower control arms and transferred all my RS stuff on it and had no issues. It's really a nice set up but for a budget build probably not what you want.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:49 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Like everyone else said it really depends on your budget. Our k-member will definitely save you some weight over the front end of the car and will make the car much easier to work. If you were debating about doing a tubular k-member now would definitely be the time since you will have everything apart. If you have any questions on our k-member or if there is anything I can help you out with just let me know.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 04-03-2014, 11:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You state FBody. .but don't state what year....?

A good Question would be, what are your plans for the car ? (Street, Touring, Drags, Auto-X, Road Course, etc).. would the BMR really be of any real world gain ?..

$100 is a great price for all of the parts you are getting. You can resell anything your not using. But with the BMR you should be able to use most of what you already have.

But talk with Kyle / BMR to figure out all your answers. I am sure he would be on the Pro side but would give you any correct answers if there were any reason it is going in the wrong direction of what your usage is.

BC

Quick Reply: BMR tubular ls1 k-member vs stock ls1 k-member