Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Ford ls swap

Old 02-24-2014, 01:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Ford ls swap

Started of by having an complete lq4 about a year ago for an e30 bmw
which I sadly sold to buy a ford but I have finally obtained another lq4 and thought why the hell not swap out engines!

Currently I just have the 6.0 short block so I am still debating on 243,317, or ls3 heads. leaning more towards the 317's since I want lower compression. I have decided to just re-ring, new rod,main bearings, pretty much an overhaul since for now I just want to be able to have a car for some summer fun. Of course I do have a target hp I want of at least 350-400 whp range, id figure stock bottom end would be fine just have to find the right cam, heads, ls9 head gaskets and tune. I am not wanting headers as if it all goes well Il be looking into turbo-charging the motor, just a small amount of boost for ***** and giggles Still debating though on if I should get a t56 which is somewhat affordable or working the street corners to get enough money for a T-6060

This is the candidate, I considered building an all aluminum pro-charged 4.6 with lt headers and e85 but due to recent electrical issues the car stopped running and after many attempts to get it running I have forgotten how much ford motors suck and totally remembered why I prefer Chevy's
If I get lucky enough and some fords guys bought my trans/engine dropout il just go for forged internals and get it done with

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another Ford ls swap