Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few wiring question for my swap (04 gto harness)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few wiring question for my swap (04 gto harness)

First of to make this easier ill explain my setup. I am using a 2004 GTO PCM harness, PCM, BCM, PIM, and BCM harness.. Reason being I did a dash swap. I got most of the wiring done but I thought I'd start this thread to list my delemas I run into.

first of im trying to figure how to wire my 3 wire vette alternator to the gto harness. tried to look around for what other guys are doing but didn't come across anything helpful. Here is a few things I came across.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...lternator.html

2004 Charging Schematic:
Attached Thumbnails A few wiring question for my swap (04 gto harness)-04gtols1charging.gif  
Old 03-26-2014, 11:44 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Put the white wire that was in pin A of the GTO harness to pin D of the corvette alternator. Put the brown wire from pin B of the GTO harness to pin B of the vette alt. Now you have to add a wire from an ignition + source to pin C of the corvette alt.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe you should be good to go and should not have to add the third wire. The charging circuit based on the wiring setup is controlled in the pcm as a setting. I am using a 04 PCM and older harness and I had to switch the pcm setting to get the charging to work. No rewiring involved for me.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:02 PM

You may or may not need to add the third wire. According to the diagrams for the corvette alternator it uses 3 wires, however, I have seen articles from aftermarket rebuilders that state the LS alternators will work with either the L or F terminal hooked up. Which begs the question, if the alt will work with either terminal hooked up, why does GM hook up both on the 2005-06 GTO`s, vettes and trucks?
Old 03-27-2014, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

So that what I did, I traced Pin 25 from the gauge cluster down to a two wire plug. I would guess thats the GTO alt plug, it had one (BR) wire pin B so I'm going to cut and splice it to B on the vette alternator. Pin A in the GTO plug was a thick purple wire with a white line on it. (see pic attached) . I can add the 3rd wire if needed but prefer not to.
Also can you guys tell me what these other plugs do? I believe the big black one is ABS? I want to delete plugs not needed

Also I came across dual fans off I believe is a 98 Caddilac DeVille for $30. The have a 2 wire plug (+,-) however the GTO harness has two 3 wire plugs. Can I make theses fans work? Ive already mounted them.
Attached Thumbnails A few wiring question for my swap (04 gto harness)-dashpinoutpart2.jpg   A few wiring question for my swap (04 gto harness)-photo-1-2.jpg  

Last edited by mdrn69velle; 03-28-2014 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:17 PM

I can`t seem to ID those plugs, but I have never worked on a GTO harness.

The GTO fans are wired in the most bass ackwards way I have ever seen. The low speed fan is triggered by the BCM instead of PCM. The fans themselves seem to have some kind of center-tap motor for high and low speed. The orange/black and orange/blue wires supply +12v to each fan. The blue/yellow provides a ground signal when the low speed is called for by the BCM. The orange/yellow provides a ground signal when the PCM calls for high speed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
va185360.pdf (47.6 KB, 133 views)
Old 03-28-2014, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by G-Body
I can`t seem to ID those plugs, but I have never worked on a GTO harness.

The GTO fans are wired in the most bass ackwards way I have ever seen. The low speed fan is triggered by the BCM instead of PCM. The fans themselves seem to have some kind of center-tap motor for high and low speed. The orange/black and orange/blue wires supply +12v to each fan. The blue/yellow provides a ground signal when the low speed is called for by the BCM. The orange/yellow provides a ground signal when the PCM calls for high speed.
sweet man thanks for that schematic!
Im going try to figure how to possibly make my own fan stand alone harness. I read that Blue Pin #42 is not wired into the harness but I can add a wire and its a low speed.
check it out:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...y-pinouts.html
Old 03-28-2014, 10:24 AM

Based on the fact that the GTO does not use blue pin 42 for anything and that the 2004 GTO pcm programming does show it having 2 fans enabled I believe that is correct.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fan control does not have to be controlled by the BCM neither does the A/C wire it like a 02 Camaro and you will be good to go. The fans will work as they are supposed to.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

This just came to me, I'm using the BCM already can I just use the
BCM C1 15 (LOW SPD COOL FAN REL CTRL),
PCM C2 33 ( HIGH SPD COOL FAN REL CTRL)
some how rewire the the original GTO setup to a basic fan setup?

Last edited by mdrn69velle; 03-28-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

anyone have a 2004 GTO BCM connectors pin out?
Old 03-28-2014, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Alright little help here,
1. I deleted plug #11 (see attached link). But out that wire came a Pink/Blue stripe wire which then split 2 ways, one to the CAGS (skip shift) and the other reverse lock out. I decided to delete CAGS but now I have a pink/blue wire coming from the reverse lock out that leads to no where. And the yellow to the PCM.. What can I hook up the PK/BL to? out that plug #11 came a light green cable the was linked up to the driverside inj. supply volts (ign.) would that do? Or is PK/BL a ground??

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ification.html

2. Also as far as the Alternator plug goes can I hook up Pin. C to the light green wire? (driver side INJ. supply volt)
Old 03-30-2014, 12:09 AM
On The Tree

Lil help here guys

Quick Reply: A few wiring question for my swap (04 gto harness)