Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any vendors that will make a "custom" harness?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Any vendors that will make a "custom" harness?

Im looking for a unique harness. I just want all the connectors(excluding the ECM) pinned, with about 10ft of pig tail off each connector. I want it this way so that i can route everything just the way i want. Then i will trim to length myself, pin the ecm side, and make all the pink/orange/ground splices myself. So, do you know any vendors that would take a custom order like that? Thank you!
Old 04-01-2014, 05:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,389 Likes on 878 Posts

Why not call the various vendors and ask them? LOL

Andrew
Old 04-01-2014, 05:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have done this many times. We get custom orders all the time. Feel free to give us a call.

Bill
Old 04-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like you know what you are doing, im sure you could save a lot of money by just ordering all the connectors and wire online...
Old 04-01-2014, 07:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We can do something like this as well! You tell us what we need and we can make it happen.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom harnesses

Current Performance and Speartech both make custom harnesses for LSx engine applications. I am sure one of the would make it for you.

Originally Posted by y5mgisi
Im looking for a unique harness. I just want all the connectors(excluding the ECM) pinned, with about 10ft of pig tail off each connector. I want it this way so that i can route everything just the way i want. Then i will trim to length myself, pin the ecm side, and make all the pink/orange/ground splices myself. So, do you know any vendors that would take a custom order like that? Thank you!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Why not call the various vendors and ask them? LOL

Andrew
Great idea, but im pretty sure there are like 30 companies making harnesses.

Originally Posted by BP Automotive
We have done this many times. We get custom orders all the time. Feel free to give us a call.

Bill
Thanks Bill! Yours was the first that came to mind! I will give you a call.

Originally Posted by 5.0 LsX
sounds like you know what you are doing, im sure you could save a lot of money by just ordering all the connectors and wire online...
I have done a huge amount of research. I have also done a decent bit with LS harnesses. Here is where im at currently.

The only problem is that i havent found anywhere except eficonnection to get the connectors/terminals. Mouser has them but the problem with both companies is that they dont have the pins, seals, etc all listed with the connector body. So i have been having a tough time piecing it all together.

Originally Posted by CBM Motorsports
We can do something like this as well! You tell us what we need and we can make it happen.
Thanks you!

Originally Posted by 4wheels
Current Performance and Speartech both make custom harnesses for LSx engine applications. I am sure one of the would make it for you.
Thanks for the names!

Thanks to everyone for the help so far!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

I should add, the reason im doing this is that my harness, which i got from a guy who modifed it himself, hacked the poo out of it. It has no less than 50 non oem splices in it... All the connectors are good, but all the splices and non matching wire colors have got to go. I plan on putting some miles on this truck and want it good to go! I should also add that i have already had the truck (a 5.3 in my 90 subrurban) running for a couple years. Ran fine with this harness, but provided no "warm fuzzy feeling". Hence the rewire job.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by y5mgisi
The only problem is that i havent found anywhere except eficonnection to get the connectors/terminals. Mouser has them but the problem with both companies is that they dont have the pins, seals, etc all listed with the connector body. So i have been having a tough time piecing it all together.
Yeah they do

http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonn...spx?ItemId=330

http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonn...spx?ItemId=376

http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonn...spx?ItemId=378
Old 04-02-2014, 01:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There is also

http://speedscenewiring.com/gm-connectors/
http://www.currentperformance.com/Co...s/LS1_LS6.html

and ebay also will have them with pigtails. If you decide not to use what you have, make me a deal and I'll buy it. I will build a spare harness with it.

Quick Reply: Any vendors that will make a "custom" harness?