Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear mount turbo roller

Old 04-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear mount turbo roller

Ok guys so i just picked up a 95 camaro that recently had its lt1 and t56 pulled out ..but everything else was left in ,rear mount set up,everything down to headers and meth kit

my question is .. whats my best route? to put an lt1 back in would only take us a weekend..but at the same time should i go for the 5.3/6.0 pull out while i can?

i only have a 3000 dollar budget ..what do you guys think?

run down:
95 camaro z28
STS rear mount turbo kit
with oil scavenge return pump
TD05 ball bearing turbo upgrade 96A/R
Tial wastegate
Turbo XS blowoff valve
Turbo XS boost controller
AEM UEGO wide band gauge
Autometer boost gauge
2 PCM for less lt1 tunes(the car was on 8lbs)
oem rebuilt rear /summit cover

OH ..ps i got this for 1500
Old 04-15-2014, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

At first when I saw this I thought I was crazy then I realized you posted the exact same thing in two areas of the forum...

Originally Posted by TheBroffessor
i only have a 3000 dollar budget ..what do you guys think?
Back to the topic:
To answer your question... you're on LS1 tech not LT1 tech so of course the common consensus will be something in the order of "swap in a 4.8 or 5.3...," etc., etc.

Being as good at budget stuff as I am, I would seriously think of increasing your budget slightly if you are going the LSx route with an LTx car - especially turbo. There are a lot of subtle differences between the cars and engines that could nickle and dime you to death if you aren't careful.

In my opinion the LTx platform was a decent platform, however the LSx platform beats it hands down in nearly every way. Low powered stock LSx engines make as much or more power than higher powered stock LTx engines and don't have the reliability issues (Optispark, etc.) plus have better emissions and get better economy. The tunability and driveability of the LS platform engines are light years ahead of what was available a mere 10 years prior. To me the choice is clear but ultimately it's your call and your car.

Last edited by gofastwclass; 04-15-2014 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:57 PM
Teching In

Ok do Shes getting an LSx of some sort i reallllly want an aluminum block so im leaning for a lq9/L33 /ls1 with th400/4l60/80e well see what deals i can find when im ready for a motor

i found a local 98z28 roller

im taking full Kmember,rack&pin,dash,gauge cluster, wire harness and ecu

with that being said what else do i need? i understand if i get a truck motor LS1 style intake ,fuel rail, injectors , accessories are needed but what else?
Old 04-19-2014, 08:52 AM
Staging Lane

Be the first to put a new LT1 in it haha. BTW, the lq9 is an iron block.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

For the budget I'd go with the LT1. Actually I'd pull the parts you want off the car, then part the rest. Then take what you make and buy a factory LS fourth gen.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 71ANTICARB
For the budget I'd go with the LT1. Actually I'd pull the parts you want off the car, then part the rest. Then take what you make and buy a factory LS fourth gen.
haha thats what my uncle is telling me , wants me to put the turbo on my Firebird witch is stilll an option i mean i got the whole roller,turbo set up,injectors WG,BOV, meth, gauges,two PCMs everyyyything for 1500

im just scared to turbo my DD especially seeing its an lt1
Old 04-21-2014, 09:13 AM
TECH Resident

Don't get crazy and it'll be fine. There are lots of guys that a "reasonable" amount of boost on their DD.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear mount turbo roller