Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a complete lq4/4l80e drivetrain. Have questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 02:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Got a complete lq4/4l80e drivetrain. Have questions

Hi all, I asked this in the if section but seeing as though I'll be swapping this into something I'll ask it here. so I've picked up a new motor and trans out of an 06 Sierra 2500. It's a complete lq4 longblock with all accessories, wire harness, pcm, fuses along with a 4l80e, converter, yoke, and so on. It was from a wrecked truck and I got it all for $1600/to my door and since it's an 06 I think it is still the Gen III stuff but with the newer and stronger rods. I checked the exhaust manifold bolts and they are indeed 13mm which I believe is the same as the newer motors with better rods.. Truck had 120k miles on it but when they started it it ran beautifully. It was hit up front and totaled but no damage I could see to the motor/accessories outside of where the belt rubbed. Didn't seem like a bad deal as they were able to give me basically everything I need to swap it into a car. I just have to figure out what to put it in and which turbo I should go with.

Am I mistaken about the lq4's having better rods for this year?

Did I do good on this deal? I was originally looking for a 5.3 and this seemed to be a good package for the price and shouldn't have to spend alot of time finding odds and ends.

Is there anything else I should ask for from the donor truck that I hadn't listed above? They are dropping it all now.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Get the TAC and pedal assembly as well if you plan to use DBW. Take a look at www.lt1swaps.com for the harness mods you will need to perform.

Quick Reply: Got a complete lq4/4l80e drivetrain. Have questions