Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ9 to TH350 long crank snout? w/PICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ9 to TH350 long crank snout? w/PICS

I have a LQ9 from a 2004 escalade and I'm mating with a TH350. I heard only the early 6.0l had the extended crank snout so no adaptor was needed to mate with th350 so I assumed I needed to buy the gm crank spacer for the curved flexplate I have. Issue is if I place the crank-flexplate-adaptor-torque converter, there's a big gap between the torque converter mounting tabs and the flexplate bolt holes. If I have it crank-adaptor-flexplate-torque converter, the adaptor sleeve is not supporting the torques converter snout. Do need this adaptor?
Attached Thumbnails LQ9 to TH350 long crank snout? w/PICS-1.jpg   LQ9 to TH350 long crank snout? w/PICS-2.jpg   LQ9 to TH350 long crank snout? w/PICS-3.jpg   LQ9 to TH350 long crank snout? w/PICS-photo.jpg  
Old 04-22-2014, 07:18 AM
Teching In

I just went through 2 flexplates on my swap and ordering a 3rd. Im using a 700r4. first one had a 11.5 flexplate pattern the second had a 11.06. I should of read the details before ordering. Ordering a 10.75. I have a 6.0 with the extended crank. It looks like that spacer is just seized onto the end of the crank.

Id try
1.) grinding down the adapter you got and go crank-flex-spacer-converter
2.) using that adapter with a flat flexplate crank-spacer-flex-converter
3.) try Hughes Performance LS1 Flexplate Adapters HP3795 and crank-flex-spacer-converter
Old 10-19-2015, 09:11 AM

Default Torque converter bolt pattern

There's always a correct solution to anything mechanical. First when you switch engines and transmissions apart and you can add different generations together but requires some special attention to detail. I'm not an ASE certified mechanic but I'm an aircraft mechanic , So I have encountered a similar problem before with using an old generation one small block Chevy 1975 350 bolt main with vortec Heads, vortec fuel injection, Full roller motor , And the use of a 4L 80e transmission. Was not a simple project by any means I don't contest many to try it and less you're ready to spend a lot of money and a lot of time making the appropriate changes to fit . It was a 1999 Chevy 2500. The answer is go with reactorproducts.com for a flexplate that will work all you have to do is give Owen a call at 3103468055 write down all the details and specs of all your measurements that you need and you can have a custom-built flexplate that will fit and you're not drilling and you're not taking off weight of the flexplate that is balanced that does matter based upon its RPM that it rotates . My daddy always told me if you're going to do something do it right and do it right the first time and build it to last and less you're into spending a lot of money and halfway put things together and just like fixing stuff all the time because it was put together half Hazardly . I pray there's someone out there who can use some information like this as it was difficult for me to find but if you want truth you seek the Lord and he will give you all your answers.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

My Neil Chance converter and my Circle-D converter has the longer snout.....no need for a spacer.....i used the TCI flex plate..with my th350 and my th400..

Quick Reply: LQ9 to TH350 long crank snout? w/PICS