Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

s14 ls1 question

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s14 ls1 question

What are you guys doing for your pulley system. where you guys buying the full system from? also how are you guys doing your AC lines and heater hoses? lastly what fuel kit set up are you guys using and how?
Old 04-24-2014, 07:25 AM
On The Tree

S13 here but still should help.

On my s13 I'm running the ctsv accessories with ac. For ac lines I cut and brazed new beadlock fittings on the oem ac lines to mount to the cts compressor. Still need to get the 3/8 line tigged as I have burned up 4 fittings trying to braze it. This kept the Nissan specific fittings at the firewall and 10/8 at the compressor 6 at drier etc. New 8/6 condenser, and 6/6 drier as well.

For fuel I am running a kyosan modified supra pump to the vette filter/ reg. Mounted behind the rear seats on the frame rail to keep away from heat. Single 6an line running from filter to rail.

Heater hoses will depend on radiator setup/water pump, fans, and clearance. I'm running a griffin rad and Ls3 pump so a few 90's and a JTR adapter and the upper hose was done. Lower hose was two flexible hoses joined with another JTR adapter. I managed to fit a full Taurus fan sliding the motor back as far as possible.

Last edited by niscur29; 04-24-2014 at 07:31 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

^great source of information from Niscur as usual.

You can run Fbody, Vette, and CTS-V accessories (from largest to smallest setup from left to right). Fbody accessories can be had for rather cheap if your patient and look around. I am selling the balancer in the FS thread.

My setup is a bit overkill for fuel but it was setup from the 2JZ swap I had before. I am using a PHR S14 Fuel Hat with Twin Aeromotive 340 pumps (might sell and just go single Bosch 044), -8 Feed lines to a pre-rail fuel filter, -8 to rails, havent purchased but buying the el cheapo/ebay -8 anodized rails, crossover, to Fuel Lab boost reference regulator, to -6 return line. All lines are Stainless. This is for an S14 with LM7-turbo setup fyi.

If I were to use an off the shelf fuel kit I would go with Fuel Racing, there products have proven to be of top quality. But if you put together a DIY kit it will likely be a few sheckles cheaper.
https://www.fueledracing.com/product...php?itemID=366
Old 04-24-2014, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

same as stated above, pretty much any accessories will fit up front, I'm using f body accessories, no a/c, still have compressor if youre interested, if 2muchboost fuel setup is overkill, mine is taking a bazooka to blow an anthill, aeromotive a1000 fuel pump 10an all the way to y block, splits to 2 8an each aeromotive fuel rail has its own supply, out the fuel rails into a aeromotive 2 inlet 1 outlet fuel regulator, was planning on running quite a bit of nitrous and then backed out, but I know fuel pressure wont ever be a concern, had to run a fuel pump controller to keep from running the pump full blast all the time
Old 04-24-2014, 12:33 PM
TECH Resident

^^^lol love your style man...why not use the Bazooka? I only kept this setup because i am going turbo and had the parts left over from the previous project. So are you running a Hobbs Switch to control the fuel pumps? Hows the T56 treating ya? I picked up a Tick Level 3 with upgrades and a Monster 9" Ceramic clutch with 18 lb flywheel. Should be way more than enough for my measly 10 sec low 1/4 goals.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

synchros are gone in 3 and 4th, broke the splines out a CC clutch they sent me a replacement but not using it using a spec 3+, using a aeromotive controller, that costs more than the pump but have had no issues with fuel so not complaining,
Old 04-25-2014, 10:51 AM
Teching In

thanks guys. Alot of help.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

The air conditioning is going to be the hardest part to get working. Everything else will bolt in. There aren't any kits that I know of so you are probably on your own. I do have A/C in mine and tried to document everything as best I could:

http://www.rigidracing.com/2013/09/0...complete-post/

Quick Reply: s14 ls1 question