Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq4 swap into a 94 camaro help

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 07:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lq4 swap into a 94 camaro help

hey whats up guys. ok heres the deal i just bought a complete lq4 with harness and computer from a 2002 silverado. im a rookie when it comes to wiring. first off is there a difference from the ls1 harness to say the lq4 harness because all of the threads i am finding are for ls1 or ls2, dont want to start cutting up my harness and then it is ready for the garbage, or would it be better to just buy one from painless..... i am doing a budget build so if i can save a couple bucks on the harness and do it myself then i can put more $ into the motor build. like i said i am a rookie when it comes to wiring any and all help is mush appreciated.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

There are some differences in the harness such as routing and injector plugs I believe. I have made three of my own lsx harnesses now and I have used the info on lt1swap.com to make sense of it all. If you are reworking the whole thing you can change it to meet your needs with some patience. Also current performance makes swap harnesses and I have not heard a single negative thing about them. If you make your own all I can say is don't rush it and if you cut a wire to move it, label it haha.

Quick Reply: lq4 swap into a 94 camaro help